DieBie JTAG 12s BMS | Gauging Interest | NONPROFIT

@JTAG hey mate, any plans on adding a custom charge voltage? I want to undercharge my cells to 4.1v, not sure if Soft/Hard Over voltages would do this.

What are you asking :sweat_smile:? I donā€™t understand. You can change every voltage you like as long as you stay withing the hardware limits of the chips.

this is perfect. We can leave plenty of room at the top of the pack for braking regen.

So the soft over voltage will stop the charging process when reached?

Btw, one thing people should be aware of is the 3v higher than the pack voltage for charging. If you disconnect the charger when the pack is close to fully charged, and connect it again then youā€™ll end up with a pack at less than full charge.

Sounds good that you guys are all working on your DieBie-s :slight_smile: Mineā€™s still in Italy, the post was so super that they needed more then 2 weeks to get it into international center, but still there. It is so unfair, for UPS Hungary isnā€™t Europe, we belong to an other zone (I guess Iā€™m the closest to Italy) from all of usā€¦ Hopefully mine will arrive once in January :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you tried to use the tracking number on your local post serviceā€™s website? It is very odd that a package remains too long at the int.fulfillment centre. Some Australia guy already received his box btw.

no I havenā€™t but I guess you looked at the italian, and you can see that the package was hold for 2 weeks on 1 place. I hate everything thatā€™s state property, they always are slow, doesnā€™t mater wich country, they can only hire people who donā€™t have a clue to anythingā€¦ But, never mind, Iā€™m not fed up, itā€™s not urgent for the BMS to arrive, itā€™s only annoying that they canā€™t manage anything right. If we would work like this at our jobs, our companies would go bankrott :slight_smile:

I just had a look, item sent abroad, but not in the destiny land now

Sorry for the 3rd post in a row, but:

• Shouldnā€™t we make a small paypal for @JTAG? He made a great job with that

SO THRILLED ABOUT THIS BUILD!

Its truly amazing what is being created on this forum!

I imagine that the all of the BMS from this batch is sold already. So from now, how is it possible to get this BMS in my hands?

/Johan

I would like to get one too, if its possible!

Is there still any PCBs left?

Yes, only unassembled pcbs.

Hallo from Schwizerland :smiley:

Can i order one too?

Any news lately on this?

Still very interested in some completed units.

2 Likes

Sorry if this is going slow but I want ā€œbeta testersā€ to write brief reviews before launching another batch. If you consider the amount of variables involved itā€™s easy to understand why I want to eliminate the bad suppliers&factories from my list (if there is any). Especially because the next batch will be bigger.

If you are in a rush though, you can buy the unassembled pcb and make your own. (btw only 4 left).

3 Likes

Is there a readme published yet with configuration instructions or some kind of terminal software yet for it that isnā€™t BLDC tool?

Mine are still in the box because of a lack of documentation. If i missed it somehow, please point me to it.

2 Likes

I would buy the pcb and assemble. But Unfortunately, I donā€™t feel confident enough. Iā€™ve been wanting to try assembling a vesc 4.12, which is less complex than this, and that scares me still, haha. One day though, I will.

Especially since this is still beta, I would feel safer buying an assembled one first, so that if it does fail, I know itā€™s not my assembly.

I will keep waiting. Hopefully the 30T cells are ready by then also. Just a bummer, cause I have some battery packs to sell to customers in the coming months and I really donā€™t want to use the shitty bmsā€™s out there. This would make a battery pack proper :wink:

Exam period started again so no time to write an how-to. You can get started with these schemes and ask questions if you have doubts.

4 Likes

i need to just hire somebody. Damn kids in school are so casually on the bleeding edge and holding all the cards.