Did Jason from diyeboard scam me?

Lol 2 Jasons.

And I don’t know why I unliked and liked about 7 times just then

It only showed up once, that’s a good sign as I’ve done that multiple times. Now at least I know others didn’t see I did it haha

2 Likes

Just to add a little balance to this thread :

For my son’s budget board I’ve ordered three times from diyeboard in last two months. All paid with PayPal, all arrived in UK within 10 days. Zero issues.

Not saying there aren’t problems for others, but this is my experience.

Sure the site is proper budget kit, but it’s for light use and to serve as introduction to esk8 for him before I let him loose on my main board…

1 Like

Lets balance it a bit more. In answer to the op original question.

YES.

over and out.

4 Likes

Yeah but If you had an issue he wouldn’t help you at all. I’m not saying that all of his products are bad but a lot of them are.He doesn’t do anything about it and then on top of that, he scams people

At least more people are aware on reddit

5 Likes

Thank you for your follow up. Yes, I know that. Last year I had planned to buy evolve but didn’t (and made DIY). Because I saw so many bad reviews about fatal issues.

So my stance is “I don’t buy evolve” but in this thread I felt I want to talk with objective viewpoints. I also know this kind of my attitude doesn’t “work” for everyone. But hope all reader’s high QOL.

I’m struggling with this. Broken trucks can quite literally end your life.

That’s the biggest of problems

3 Likes

I’ve had no problems with them either. Have had their belt drive kit for over a year now and also have ordered several bits from from them… iv had zero problems with their customer service either, I find if you speak to people with respect and patience you’ll find they’ll do the same! i saw many people on their thread on this forum acting entitled and just acting like complete dicks because they asked for video proof of any reported faulty products from customers!

Doesn’t change the fact that they fucked people over

1 Like

obviously but then if your gonna treat somebody like a piece of shit their hardly gonna be nice back are they? for example if you went into a restaurant ordered food and acted like a ass theres a decent chance you’d get a unpleasant surprise with your food! its human nature whether business is involved or not, people have their limits!

1 Like

I’m one of the most patient and polite persons I know and experienced the “customer service” first hand. The shitty ESC just gave up driving one of their hub motors, the connectors went loose and melted from the sparks and I never heard anything after an assurance that the technicians will have a look at my footage. My polite reminder email was never answered. Since the fsesc 4.12 came out I have no reason to deal with him any more. After this I believed every bad feedback in this forum to be 100% true.

3 Likes

You can’t Comparing going into a restaurant with a shity attitude and getting bad service. To ordering parts from a vendor having them fail and then the vendor arguing with you. I mean really… it’s a horrible comparison.

1 Like

Exactly the ESCs are shitty and call apart. I actually haven’t had “rudeness” in my interactions with the customer service. There’s just no effort to help or fix the issues. I had the same thing happen, they ask for a video and then won’t respond. After I sent a few more emails I got a reply “the esc is broken because you mounted it with silicone glue (around the edge of the esc). When I came up with reasons that didn’t make sense it was oh then check to make sure your wires are in the right order. !!! This has worked for months and then stopped it’s not the wire order. So after I questioned this logic (in nice words btw) they just started ignoring my emails.

2 Likes

Entitled? Jason/diyeboard’s strategy is to slam a customer who reports an issue with a multitude of unnecessary requests to resolve the issue. ESC problem? Standard reply is to state that the user is simply not pairing the remote correctly, though from previous forwarded video it should be obvious that pairing is not the cause of the issue. Then after an x amount of videos has been sent by the customer, diyeboard suddenly requires several email reminders to process the warranty claim until you hear nothing. You have to contact them via multiple channels to get a reply. Most people just give up after that and order a good alternative product somewhere else. It’s a good strategy that works.

Then the excuses. It’s a Chinese holiday, we have a backlog of orders to process, be patient, etc.

Sure, you will have the occasional customer who won the lottery and has had a good experience…those people will come in and defend diyeboard. Mission succeeded.

2 Likes

A horrible comparison maybe but you get what i was trying to put across, It was simply a comparison of human nature and behaviour, if you treat people like shit. expect it back!

And @ telnoi no need to get touchy, i was just saying what i saw with my 2 very own eyes! and yes there were those acting ‘Entitled’ in that thread! As for customer experiences theres plently of good and bad reports and certainly wouldn’t say the majority were bad experiences like your implying,

This is hilarious. I literally got these exact emails you describe from the remote pairing to the oh we’ve been on a holiday. Exactly my experience word for word. Couldn’t have been more spot on.

2 Likes

What the heck. I haven’t read this whole thread but your initial post describes my situation perfectly. I bought a battery gone wrong. And they wouldn’t help me out so I filed a PayPal case but shipping for the battery was a lot. We agreed on a $80 partial refund. The exact dates you specify are the same email conversations i had as well

1 Like

Yeah this is a real issue

Read this if you havent already

1 Like

I’m now more concerned about him leaking personal contact and address info. Why is this like… Oh then we’ll not buy from him anymore… There has to be something we can do to stop him…