DB freeride 38 10s4p 30q, Dual 6355 190kv, dual vesc Build

I’m running a similar setup, albeit with 85mm wheels, so I wish I had bought longer motor mounts and mounted the motors behind the truck. With standard caliber trucks you’re stuck to using 12mm wide belts (with 55mm motors), which is fine unless you set your motor settings to the max, and start playing around with the board literally lifting its front up when accelerating – that broke my first 2 belts. Bought a bit longer belts to replace them, and set the motor limits down to sane values: I think 12mm per wheel is fine. If you really want dual 15mm belts, you’ll need to go for different trucks. Luckily, there’s this: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/new-caliber-trucks-for-esk8-community/60822/207

Honestly 12mm is fine! I have clocked over 1000km on this board and it still uses the same belts as it had from day 1. Most belts breaks due to incorrect tension, rocks or bad alignment imo.

I used 1/2 risers if i remember correctly.

I think I’m slowly adopting the idea of 12’s. This is for my first build and I’ve seen most people running 12’s with the Caliber/dual 6355 setup but occasionally find someone that squeezed 15’s on. I’m more worried about skipping than breakage and like the idea of running a little looser belt with an idler or two so you can still push. I’m about 200lbs(90kg) and figured 15’s would be the way to go. I’ve also see that @longhairedboy has the longer Caliber E’s which I’m pretty sure would allow for what I want.

Thanks for all the info! Looks like I still need to think some things over, I’ll probably go 12’s and keep the tighter Caliber II’s.

1 Like