DB freeride 38 10s4p 30q, Dual 6355 190kv, dual vesc Build

You could still run the one motor sensored while the other is sensorless

1 Like

And why would you want that?

Max erpm on 10s with 190kv is around 48.000 erpm. So well under the safety limit of 60.000 :slight_smile:

So you still get the benefits of one sensored motor, smoother start from a standstill.

Well im feeling less is more at the moment, maybe i fix the sensors in the future if im not satisfied :slight_smile:

New remote arrived today. Everything is setup with split ppm, it syncs perfectly!

2 Likes

Testrun today! At the end i got drv error when accelerating. It just vanished by it self, didnt even had to reboot? (you can also see that i test throttle directly after the cutoff) Rode home just fine with no error, something must have went bananas. Vesc tool shows no error and i went out for another 4km ride with no issues.

Anyone else experienced this?

2 Likes

Temp cutoff likely @Bjork3n

Temp was at 34 celsius. Very unlikely?

Hey Guys! So i sent my Vesc for repair and recived them today! Installed everything and made sure to setup the settings.

I flashed Ackmaniac firmware 3.1 to both vesc and connected them via split ppm. Works great! I do however want to try canbus again in the future to get the values for both vesc and be able to switch modes on the fly.

The settings i went for this time was. (each vesc) Motormax: 60A Motormin -50A Batterymax 30A Battery min -8A

Startup boost 0.05 Current ramp up 0.04

These settings works without any problems and to be honest the board is a freaking animal with these settings… Most of my testing have been done on open roads but today i tried narrow bike lanes… holy shit it changes the experience. Going to keep this settings for a while to get used to the power. I have a pair of focboxes also so maybe i try FOC…decisions…

New pictures of the complete build. Very happy with the result!

8 Likes

Little update! Board as been fine since i got the focboxes installed! Maytech still worked fine as long as i stayed at 30A on battery max.

Im now running 60 motormax and 35A batterymax on each vesc, its perfect IMO. I got some 90mm genuine abec flywheels and was super surprised of the difference it made. Its like riding on clouds , seriously is such an amazing difference and probably one of the best mods i done so far.

The wheels also raised the top speed to 47-48km/H depending on the charge.

I also installed some 3d-printed pulleys on the toquemounts so now stones will hopefully have a hard time getting in between the pulley in belt, this happens alot without the covers.

6 Likes

Little update! I now been riding for over 700km on the board and had zero maintenance! I did however swapped the abs printed pulleys at the rear since they did show some wear :joy: 20180612_21282020180612_212920

I also decided to change the color of the trucks, deck, mounts. Matte black.:heart_eyes: 20180615_100149

20180615_170033 20180615_170037

20180612_210126 20180615_170050

https://youtu.be/rliJI4Y_rMo

10 Likes
4 Likes

Great looking board, what knee pads are you wearing in the videos? They look a bit like triple 8 ones but I can’t quite tell

Those are rekd heavy duty pads

Cool build! What range do you get?

Around 40-50km =)

1 Like

Awesome build … very clean

1 Like

Update! Been running the board for around 1200km and its still running strong as ever! Been using it for my commute and i mostly use the slow mode (max is 38A battery on slowmode) and the range is usually around 45km when commuting to work.

I will most likely sell it in the future to start another electric project, but this time with 2 wheels instead of 4 :wink: I haven’t decided if i should part it out or sell it as a complete yet. If anyone would be interested in this beast and is located near Sweden send me a pm :wink:

3 Likes

@Bjork3n, what width are the belts you’re running? I’m building a similar drop down setup and love the look of the motors tucked under the deck. If those mounts allow for 15mm belts on Caliber II’s, I think those might be the way to go for me. Also what size riser pads are you using? Between those and the wheels it looks like you have plenty of ground clearance.