DAVEga: Battery monitor, odometer, speedometer

Yeh when I get some time ill put it up on thingiverse as a remix

2 Likes

Have tried uploading the sketch, but am getting the error

‘avrdude: ser_open(): can’t open device “\.\COM9”: Access is denied.’

Any idea?

1 Like

Are you sure you selected the right com port? Did you install the driver which is mentioned on @janpom 's github? You could try running Arduino Ide with administrative privileges… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Restarted PC and it worked without issue. Thank you for your help

2 Likes

so i finish soldering the diy kit. Same issue on both pcb. I’ve installed ubuntu, and tryied to upload from there, same problem.

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

I really don’t understand…

Maybe try the other USB-UART adapter. Do you have any regular Arduino on hand?

1 Like

I tried both.

No, but from i can read online, it is probably that there is no bootloader.

Possible?

If so, what do i need to install it?

Finally got my DAVEga assembled and am setting up the config file.

With the Foxbox Unity: Vesc_Count = 1? Motor_Pole_Pairs = ?'

Which motors do you have?

No way. The MCU on the board that I assembled definitely has a bootloader. I pre-installed the FW on all boards I have shipped. That wouldn’t work without the bootloader.

I haven’t verified if the MCUs on in the DIY kits do have the bootloader installed but all the MCUs came from the same batch and they all had bootloaders. So while I can’t guarantee it has a bootloader I would be really surprised if it didn’t.

You can burn a bootloader using an Arduino but since the MCU is already soldered on the board, it would be a bit of a hassle. As I said, though, I don’t believe this is actually the problem.

1 Like

Alright, so maybe an issue with CP2102 devices? i will try to remove and reinstall the driver.

While trying to install the FW, do the RX/TX LEDs on the USB-UART adapter flash?

I’m actually not even sure it will work correctly with the Unity. I will have to look into that. I currently don’t have one to test with but I pre-ordered one and it was due to shipping in February, so hopefully I will get it soon.

Have you been able to get the green square with the Unity?

only one blink of the TXD at each try.

That sounds like it’s working correctly. One more idea. Try this.

10 char

OK, good. Could you please send the full console output from the FW upload (you can leave out the initial compile part)?

Before you run the FW upload, please go to your Arduino IDE preferences and set the “Show verbose output during:” for both compilation and update.

avrdude: Version 6.3-20171130 Copyright © 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/ Copyright © 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port                    : COM4
     Using Programmer              : arduino
     Overriding Baud Rate          : 115200

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xfc avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xfc avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xfc avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xfc avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xfc avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xfc avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xfc avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xfc avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xfc avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xfc

avrdude done. Thank you.

Problème de téléversement vers la carte. Voir http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload pour suggestions.

Thanks. I don’t really have any other ideas. This looks as though the board is not working. I will just send you a replacement. I can also configure it for you in case you still had problems updating the FW. I’m currently waiting for supplies but they should arrive any day now.

2 Likes

Ok thank you. I have pm you.