DAVEga: Battery monitor, odometer, speedometer

Fantastic pricing. These will be on every new build for sure.

4 Likes

Definitely a must buy

2 Likes

I think the pricing is amazing and I’d purchase a couple.

4 Likes

Great idea including a complete and a kit! Building with a template would be very helpful for me.

Thank you for developing this awesome thing :smiley:

4 Likes

It’s really not much more considering they get an already assembled unit. I can almost guarantee people would pay a bit more for something like this. I like your style though dude. I’m super impressed at what you’ve done so far and I can’t imagine not having my Dave on my board.

P.S- I’ll buy a two pack whenever you have them. Maybe a couple two packs. I have plans for a couple other boards this winter. This option will make it way easier. Thanks again for everything you’ve done so far!

10 Likes

That looks really great man. Mind showing a pic of the mounting/routing underneath if/when it’s convenient?

Even $20 is crazy cheap for a fully assembled one, that includes shipping and paypal fees? Get outta here.

After a few rides its really fun / nice but @janpom I am REALLY excited to have min/max information on the second or third screen. Any chance we can get that before xmas? :christmas_tree:

I really would like to know min / max amps (battery), min voltage (sag) and max speed.

2 Likes

I finally got off my ass and got mine finished and installed. I still need to make some adjustments to my model, I need better soacing for the button holes and an imset on the inside for the micro momentary buttons.

This thing is frikkin awesome.

9 Likes

Yep. I’ll grab some shots tomorrow for you.

1 Like

Do you have a button to suggest that fits your cutouts? All I’ve got are square buttons, but can’t seem to locate circular ones that fit your design

My buttons are square too, just hot glue them in place, print a small round plug (slightly smaller than the slot) and glue it to the button.

I’ll update my model tomorrow or Tuesday with better soacing and button plugs.

1 Like

I am working on an angled base for my case. So that there is room for buttons. Currently its just 3M double taped to my surfrodz reinforcing plate. There is holes so I can still undo the trucks if need be.

Using the smallest waterproof switch I could find, it has a 8mm hole and 12mm head. Same one as @JonathanLau1983 found. Ebay - Aliexpress.

14 Likes

I want that dude…

It’s beautiful!!!

1 Like

Great! Have you been able to figure out why it didn’t work before?

2 Likes

@janpom I got a question about the buttons, is it possible to have the 3rd or additional button in software (optional) so we only need two physical buttons? Like maybe a long press of both buttons gives you the 3rd button press?

My reason to want such a feature is to save space, as the waterproof buttons take up a lot of volume and makes the case tricky to design. Also these little waterproof buttons are like $1 - $1.50 each. Which for a momentary switch is pretty expensive.

The only thing I like about 3 buttons is it looks better than two. With two you can end up with a funny looking face by accident.

3 Likes

I’m lazy, so I’ll be more than happy to pay $40 for 2 assembled units, with the additional $5 going to @Mich21050 for assembling the second unit (i hope that’s a fair labor cost).

3 Likes

It think it was something to do with the display not being permanently connected. I’m really not sure. The display is soldered to the PCB now, it works flawlessly.

5 Likes

Same here! You can already put me down for a set (as long as there is at least 1 ready out of the box :slight_smile: )

I found this button with a faster shipping option inside the US. Bought 6 for $10 shipped.

1 Like

1 Like