DAVEga: Battery monitor, odometer, speedometer

The rest of the stuff I ordered should be here Thursday or Friday and hopefully the pcb’s too. Ordering a couple more screens so I can have one of these on all my boards. This little gadget is getting expensive on amazon. lol. This is pretty awesome dude. Thanks again!

1 Like

Hey Sean, since you figured it out mind making a map for the rest of us dummies? I think many people have an uno laying around somewhere.

1 Like

No problem dude.

CLK - 13 SDI - ~11 RS - ~9 RST - 12 CS - ~10

uno_wiring

4 Likes

YES! :man_dancing: My LCD just came in!

IMG_1118

The bolt holes on my case are too narrow on the width by about 2mm. So I double checked the drawing janpom provided above against my CAD and it was my CAD that was off.

Time for a design revision, also going to try to slim the overall thickness down.

2 Likes

@SeanHacker The pinout in your post is incorrect. Please correct it so that it doesn’t confuse people.

It’s best to retrieve the correct pinout directly from the code.

You clearly wired up correctly, but you made a few mistakes when writing it down:

• CS is 10 (not 9)
  • SDI is 11 (not 10)
2 Likes

@bsancken @Bokard: Guys, have your PCBs arrived yet? They should have. @lrdesigns already received his in Hong Kong.

Yeah just yesterday ^^

Ah, sorry. You actually posted the pics here. I lost track.

And @bsancken is actually in US, same as @SeanHacker, so it makes sense theirs haven’t arrived yet. Hopefully they are coming soon. All that went to EU are already delivered and the one to Hong Kong as well. So far so good.

Agh I’m late in the game, just started reading this thread now and I want this sooo bad, where do I start?

1 Like

order some displays and add your like on the poll to get a set later

1 Like

I think this is a scam for likes!

2 Likes
1 Like

I scanned this thread but couldn’t find an STL file anywhere. Has anyone posted a case for this yet? Or is @mmaner working on one but it’s just not ready yet?

There’s this by @lrdesigns: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3171000/files, but it’s just a prototype. The dimensions probably need some adjusting.

@mmaner hasn’t made the STL available yet. He’s waiting to get Dave on hand so that he can adjust the dimensions as well.

4 Likes

There is a couple posted, I’m waiting on components before I release mine as I’m not sure of the fit yet. My components should start arriving today.

4 Likes

I’m drawing something up too but waiting for the last few components

1 Like

PCBs made it here. Thanks again @janpom. This is going to be fun! Still just waiting for some parts to get here in the next day or so hopefully. :smile:

IMG_20181107_150920 IMG_20181107_150920

Also made some progress on a case but I think I’m just going to end up getting someone to 3D print me one when the boys come up with something.

IMG_20181107_151951 IMG_20181107_152716 IMG_20181107_152556

4 Likes

@clistpdx don’t download mine yet, wait till I confirm fitment. Just printing new version now. Probably couple more version till it’s good.

2 Likes

Construction started!

One thing I noticed was that the crystal hits the LCD IC, and the programming header hits the SD card slot. So if there is a V2, maybe these could move and the assembly could be about 2mm thinner. image

First thing I did was drill out the 2mm holes to 3mm. The holes seem to line up pretty well with the LCD.

IMG_1133

IMG_1135

IMG_1136

IMG_1134

Edit, Bugger! Just noticed my programing header is offset one hole. :pensive:

4 Likes

Where do I pay?? Take my money dammit

1 Like