DAVEga: Battery monitor, odometer, speedometer

I absolutley love the design. Thank you for your work. :smile:

1 Like

I think because all these additional “gadgets”, as you call it, are rather new and up to now the 2 UART ports available on a dual setup were enough.

I am at the moment trying to reimplement my multiplexer from linux to arm which works on packet level :slight_smile: so you can connect vesc tools (multiple instances) bluetooth apps, remotes, lcd and shit to single port :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Ha, here we go. :slight_smile:

As much as I see the stupidity of the system we use here in the US the calendar makes more sense. I mean do you guys SAY 30th of October 2018 or do you say October 30th 2018?

5 Likes

I say 30th of october most of the time

12 Likes

giphy

4 Likes

Its just how I think, I think day before month

4 Likes

metric system is better. end of discussion.

the US won’t move to metric system because all of american industry is based on imperial.

all attempts to convert to metric was met with BURNING opposition by US industry as it’ll cost BILLIONS to retool.

this is a classic example of making one’s bed and then laying in it forever even though it fucking sucks.

11 Likes

Yeah even saying the month first is totally a US/imperial thing.

2 Likes

As I was reading that, I was thinking - Maybe your next project?? Lol Could be as simple as a small black box - UART in (with power) and 3 UART out. Nice simple pcb with no user input (assuming this is how it would work).

Will def. be needing one of these soon… soo… lol

Yeah, I thought about that too. I wish I had more time for doing these things. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Mikenopolis, thats the “Me the great island, the rest a big gray spot” sindrome.

2 Likes

Same here :joy: I think and say how I write the date

2 Likes

Is it possible to pair more devices to one Bluetooth module? If yes why not only using the information sent from the module for an app and our davega? I know that then there other stuff like power supply etc needed, but no need for a multiplexer

1 Like

But then davega would need a BT module too, which is not a trivial extension. Plus, as you mentioned, you still need a wired connection for the power supply, so using wireless in parallel with that is weird. It would make sense if the gadget is battery powered but then we’re already talking about a significantly different device.

2 Likes

10 Likes

Fahrenheit… How does that even work

2 Likes

You forgot to draw metric as a fist bump! :fist_right:

PuNzp_d

9 Likes