DAVEga: Battery monitor, odometer, speedometer

I think that it should officially be known (and pronnounced) as Da- VeGa, but amongst us, we would know it as Dave-ga Our own little inside joke

But of course, we need to hear from @brenternet’s people

2 Likes

They are napping at the moment but I’ll run it past them after paw patrol tomorrow morning.

5 Likes

2l6tmr

I thought monday morning would be lame. But now it is AWESOME. Thanks @janpom

4 Likes

If you update the firmware, say some new stuff comes out or bug fix etc, will you lose the total distance number?

Edit, you already thought of that. Thanks!

// Changing the EEPROM_MAGIC_VALUE (to any value different from the current, e.g. 42 -> 43) will reset // the EEPROM to the values defined below. This is especially handy for pre-setting the total distance // traveled (EEPROM_INIT_VALUE_TOTAL_DISTANCE). #define EEPROM_MAGIC_VALUE 42 // [1, 255]

#define EEPROM_INIT_VALUE_VOLTS 0 #define EEPROM_INIT_VALUE_MAH_SPENT 0 #define EEPROM_INIT_VALUE_TRIP_DISTANCE 0 // meters #define EEPROM_INIT_VALUE_TOTAL_DISTANCE 0 // meters

1 Like

It’s done! Re-branded: https://github.com/janpom/davega

Oh boy, that required so many changes. And that’s only the firmware. Now on to the hardware. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Alas! Let mass production begin!

3 Likes

Amazing. Justice for the masses of 4 people pushing for this change!

All in good humour :joy:. @bigben has been kind enough to order me one. Probably going to cnc a bamboo enclosure for it, will give you updates on how it goes.

7 Likes

I shipped all the packages today (@bigben, @lrdesigns, @bsancken, @SeanHacker, @Bokard). All but one went untracked with the Czech Post. It’s not the carrier I have the best experience with, but at least the shipping didn’t cost more than the packages themselves. This is a good science for shipping the kits later since it went to various parts of the world (US, EU, Hong Kong) and both tracked and untracked, so we’ll see how fast and how reliable it is. Guys, please let me know once you have the packages. According to the Czech Post, they should arrive in about 7 days (which I don’t really believe, especially with the one to Hong Kong, but we’ll see). I’ll of course re-ship if anything gets lost.

I don’t have any more PCBs only to sell. The ones I have left I need to keep for the kits.

BTW, the kit parts I ordered from China are already coming in. I received the first two packages today. I may be ready to ship the whole kits soon.

8 Likes

Soon we’ll have enough testing for you to sell be completes https://goo.gl/images/iVbNZP

2 Likes

This is amazing. I’m exited. Will be working on the logo today.:ok_hand:

2 Likes

Those are great news! Where I can sign up for a kit?

2 Likes

For now only here. I’ll send more info when I have the kits ready to be shipped.

2 Likes

I did that some time ago :slight_smile: Thanks for awesome work!

3 Likes

davegalogo5 NOOO! IT’S: davegalogo6

9 Likes

Really looking forward to these man ^^

2 Likes

This project is turning out damn well guys!

4 Likes

@janpom man fantastic project! I am going to be a beta tester too. One question do you think is possible to put in parallel on the uart port either firefly remote or a bluetooth module? BEcause I have already both of the UART ports on the vesc busy and I was wondering whether is possible to connect it in parallel with the firefly remote. It also gets telemetry, I thought it may work together. What do you think? Thx a lot!

Thanks! Cool!

I’m not an expert but since the UART communication is bi-directional, I doubt that would work. You would need an UART multiplexer. I’m afraid it won’t be straightforward to setup, sorry.

It’s not like the VESC is sending the telemetry all the time and you can just consume it. You need to request the data each time.

2 Likes

it’s ok, no problem. I will use firefly as remote only. I do not really look at the screen anyway. Except for speed and battery sometime.

Thinking more about it, a VESC UART multiplexer would be a useful and a relatively simple project. I wonder why anyone hasn’t done it yet. At least I haven’t found any mentions of it on the forum.

6 Likes