Custom urethane parts manufacturing of your ideas

…hummmm…:thinking: …got your point.

2 Likes

If modular worked, you could just use standoffs! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Could you use weather strip instead?

1 Like

Not to get off topic but I know you have done the tunnel risers but what about just a simple riser that would dampen more vibration more than the rubber shock pads. I feel like a soft 60a duro or something would make a nice comfortable ride.

2 Likes

There are several reasons we do not make a cushioning riser but primarily you are asking it to do two thing that work counter to each other, kind of like our two party political system…it ends up not working very well for either task you are asking it to do. If the riser is stiff and bolted rigidly to the deck, it holds the truck well and transfers the rider input through the deck, the riser and into the truck so the setup turns predictably and is repeatable allowing your muscle memory to form and your skills to advance. If the riser is soft, there is a superficially low limit to what you can tighten your fasteners to otherwise you take all the compression out of the soft riser and you are back to a rigid mounting. So with the arbitrarily loose mounting hardware, with you skating in a straight line, the soft riser is allowed to absorb vibration and fulfill its purpose. When you decide it is time to turn, the 4 bolts on the outside of the turn increase in tension and the 4 bolts on the inside of the turn go slack. Not only is the soft riser absorbing vibration, it is also absorbing your steering input forcing you to compensate and turn harder than you would with a rigid mount. Personally I do not like the feeling and I find that fasteners end up failing sooner and also abrade the deck and trucks with almost a file effect going back and forth in the mounting holes. I think a far more effective way is to pad the deck or use pneumatics if you are looking for a plush, carefree ride

6 Likes

I tried soft risers for vibration dampening but found the handling unpredictable compared to solid. And not stable at high speed.

Better off with big soft wheels.

4 Likes

Which kind my friend?

1 Like

I made some “dampeners” for evolve trucks some time ago. It stiffens the boardside kingping a little and also provides some very minimal shock absorption so your nuts don’t dig into the underside of the deck. All the guys I gave some to, said it was night and day difference in the added stability against speed wobbles without noticeably losing carving ability. What do you guys think? @Alphamail

20190401_113850

20180922_144343

4 Likes

Proven and recomended. Are they still at $25?

(You Jake?) -

1 Like

Thanks!!

I’m Tom, unfortunately Jake left the operation.

$25 with longer hardware and shipping included $20 no hardware shipping included

Im hoping to bring prices down by moving away from 3d printing. We’ll see what AlphaMail has to say about it.

1 Like

Goodby wobbles.

@RedBaron, they look really interesting, can I see a pair installed?

3 Likes

Custom hub sleeves hmmmmmmmMMMMMM??

3 Likes

Do you have some pictures in use?

Oh, sorry. I’ll grab some pics tomorrow.

1 Like

Just saw someone post a picture of them and remembered i was supposed to show them here! Sorry been very busy lately.

4F41905A-8A1E-4969-B606-1588D1151AF2 ce0a70e626167f611d443f836e297e6dea627711_2_750x1000

2 Likes

What exactly do they do?

It Provides the swing arm or what ever for the dkp to travel smoothly across its range while turning and carving. It’s almost like force feedback. Results in a more predictable motion. All the magic comes from these areas here.20190510_163931

It also give the bolts another surface to dig into instead of your deck and slightly reduces vibrations. I think with a real chemical compound the effects could be much better.

It needs some small refinements but overall it exceeded my expectations.

3 Likes

This may be outside your area of expertise/not information you’d give freely, but…

Do you know of any over the counter urethane’s good for just experimenting? I know of a few people who’ve tried to make stuff themselves, but the end results have always been pretty, well I’d call them unpleasant. Even 3D printed TPU is better than most of the the attempts I’ve seen.

Smooth-on is ok

Bjb enterprises is better. Troy from there is here. @Pylonflyer Believe had less filler or something

1 Like