Custom urethane parts manufacturing of your ideas

Brad, do you think you could design some 35° angled risers for mounting mountain board trucks onto skate decks? Similar to the Unik risers by @okp?

risermatrixsolo

4 Likes

If it already exists, we prefer not to pursue. If we can bring something functionally new to the party, we are more interested.

4 Likes

They might not be new, but they are in limited batches and pretty cost prohibitive.

2 Likes

We have designed several similar designs but we were going to make them out of Aluminum. I am curious, why 35 degrees, seems like 45 or 50 may be more useful for angling a MB clevis pivot truck

I think it is compatible with the inherent kicks on the ends of Trampa mountain board decks in particular, but not my fortay.

1 Like

Hey I’m looking into making this exact piece for way way cheaper. Can you tell me the difference you’re looking for in channel truck vs regular truck? I like mountainboard trucks and flat longboard decks so when I saw Kuges selling a 35 degree wedge for $200 I audibly laughed. I have a guy who machines aluminum for me and I’m reaching out to get quotes.

4 Likes

Tell us more about your guy!

@venom121212

I like … flat longboard decks

Same here.

1 Like

You need an enclosure for that? I have one that is destined for a completely flat board. It wouldn’t fit my hummie :cry:

4 Likes

One of my most difficult hurdles with this deck. The enclosure needs to conform around this recessed underbelly and I wont drill holes on the 1 kg super light 44" carbon deck. So, double challenge. I think I got a good idea on the last week a with be a conventional one. Still is going to be a conformal enclosure 100% covered all over.

IMG_20171112_154527

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, could you show me a pic of your enclosure? (Thanks for the offering by the way)

1 Like

Just in case, here’s the specs

https://psychotiller.com/products/lorimer-burst

20190206_140449 20190114_125251

1 Like

Is a @psychotiller? Looks similar to the Evo enclosure I got from him for mi Pintail.

1 Like

Yep

1 Like

I cut down and sanded half the lenght of that opening flange because it was bended too much up and was keeping the rest of the enclosure to lay flat against the deck’s underbelly.

1 Like

So then it looks like @bigben’s as it should :wink:

Great idea. My current enclosure is a muuuuuuch nicer fit. Officially done clogging this thread.

4 Likes

@Alphamail, there is lack of enclosure risers and sink risers for battery and electronics convertion on major board brands. One example will be Evolve’s Carbon GT & Bamboo GT series boards.

There is a huge need to modify both enclosure types. Eliminating a divider inside the CGT to acomodate the largest possible cell battery (10s5p) the entire lenght of the board and lowering down BMS and VESCs via a 3D printed Sink Riser which is difficult to get.

For the BGT there is a need to elevate the original enclosure height because it lays too flat against the Bamboo series underbelly due to the stock slim Li-po battery; again, in order to acomodate a larger (and taller) Li-ion cell battery the entire enclosure lenght, a 3D printed riser enclosure is require (between 10mm to 18mm depending on the cell diameter) as well as a heat sink riser to lower BMS and VESCs (could go as much as 22mm thick) and also need to consider the square opening to sit the heat sink.

I printed this 10mm enclosure riser for my Bamboo series, found in Thingiverse, but I’ll probably require a thicker one if this comes too short for my need… :point_down:

jpg_1554527192910

jpg_1554527172789

3 Likes

We are geared to make small parts and the footprint of a enclosure riser would make processing very inefficient and so prohibitively expensive. If someone out there wanted to make these, I would suggest making a series of female molds, lay them out on a flat table and pour a RTV (room temp vulcanizing) resin into them and have at it.

1 Like

No, that riser there is made up of 8 different segments the lenght of a pen each. They were lined up for the pic. The riser is not one piece!

It should be shouldn’t it? Water resistance?

2 Likes