Custom built battery packs in Australia 10s4p 30Q Evolve upgrade or DIY

Sweet sounds good can’t wait to be able to use my ATs again haha

1 Like

Hi, i need to contact you for the 12s5p 30Q battery for evolve gt bamboo. can you give me your number in private or e mail ?

2 Likes

Same here I’m still keen on that 10s4p for my BGT is this the best platform to keep in contact.

Hey mate.

Like i read above i to got a battery made in buy the guy in WA and it seems the first lot of cells as per the evolve r2 remote screen drops out of range, but when its fully charged it balances out and seems okay. I was hoping to get in contact with you to see if you could take a look at it or replace the entire paralell pack or fix the bad weld/cell etc as the electronics seem all fine. its using 30q cells.

Thanks

Are you trying to connect two different packs together?

Na just had a 50 cell battery pack made zero form WA designs for a cgt. All was going good for a while but now cell 1 drops to say 32 volts when the rest remain at 38 but when its all charged up they are all balanced. So im thinking its a bad cell or weld. I msged him just saying i think i got a bad cell showed him a screen shot and he instantly blocked me on fb, the battery has been performing for a few months so i really just need someone to load test a few cells and replace and it will be good as new. Happy to pay anyone even for diagnostic time just to fix a couple of cells. Obviously the guy who made it isnt interested in helping.

Sorry to hear mate, he was always far too expensive and wasn’t interested in discussing with the esk8 community anything he’d designed. It’s a pretty dog move to charge a premium, happily take your money but then offer no support and then block you…

You obviously know the issue is either a bad cell or a bad weld so if I were you I’d at least cut open the heat shrink and see if you can see anything visually. If not then trace which pack of 5 cells are the faulty bunch by measuring the voltage on the balance wires… Inspect those 5 cells and worst case remove that pack from the series and remove the 5 cells from the nickel strips to individually load test the cells.

The easier way would be to just discard that whole 5 pack of cells and get someone to spot weld a new one with new cells to then swap out and add it back to your existing 10 packs in series… You’re only needing to solder 3 wires after that…

Thats why im chasing tinnie sinkers contact he will have it sorted and hes a local to Brisbane. Should be very simple fix.

1 Like

@TinnieSinker this man needs a battery!

Is @Marsen still around too?

2 Likes

Yeah I believe so, but just as hard to get a hold of

Yep still around. On here most days reading posts adding the odd comment :smile: Zero Form Designs shut down his website a while ago don’t know what happened to him. I have made a few spacers for a few of the guys upgrading their BGT’s but not really into the 3D printing scene.

1 Like

well that sucks, pulling apart a pack is super sketchy but I’ll give it a go. sounds like a few cells aren’t holding a charge. might of been dead from the start :-1:

1 Like

Im new to the forum and i cant actually see an option to private msg you, how do i get in touch? Im open to all options even if i gotta get a whole new pack because right now im over 800 dollars down with no working battery pack. It would be good to repair this one to save some dollars though. Thanks mate.

haha yea it took me a long while to figure out this site. consider yourself PM’d

Hi there - i’m keen for a custom pack for a BGT also! located in Perth, but fly back to Brisbane all the time so can remove the battery and bring the board over.

Not sure if anyone is interested but I’m selling a 10s4p 30q pack that was made for a GTX. PM me for detail. Cheers.

2 Likes

@Marsen Hi there, I’m in perth and looking for the biggest pack i can fit in a bamboo GT. The Battery i have is dead. How the F do you PM on this site?!

The easiest size to fit the BGT would be a 12Ah. Fitting bigger would mean a thicker spacer. I have built a 24Ah battery for someone that used a 20mm spacer. To use PM someone left click on their logo/ name and there will be a message option in the pop up menu.

Hey man, would you do a 10s3p pack for a boosted setup? If so, how much will it be?

1 Like