Curious on the latest batch of enertion raptors

Of course I didn’t because I’m an idiot. Just opened it as you suggested…what do you know? There’s a remote in there?! HA! Game changer. Christmas just came early.

THANKS

They totally redid the electronics layout. Looks way better:

The nose and tail gaurds are for shipping more than anything else I’m guessing, Hmm ya silly picking up a board that has a kick tail. I kicked mine up a few times but I have the silly guards in place still. I plan to treat this like any other skateboard I have had, my tail will get scratched. Once you put your own scratches on it everything will blend together.

It is a long board, I would prefer it to be a little shorter too, though I would not want a smaller battery. After a couple rides I am getting used to it. I move forward off the tail when cruising and otherwise have my foot on the tail mostly (I’m 5’7) I dont think the raptor would be what it is without the tail, makes accelerating so much more effortless. The wheelbase I am sure helps with stability too.

Funny, one of the first things I thought off is how high off the ground it is. Strange at first my, After riding it though you really don’t need to get off of it once your on it.

I ordered extra belts when I ordered my raptor, did you check your accesory box?

Well if you mainly bought it for performance, you won’t be dissapointed, I sure am not. Carving uphill alleys with slopey garage driveways made it like an edless half pipe of sorts, fun.

Glad you have your remote, lol. Yes the electronics layout is improved, I noticed it too. After a ride you should check your belt tension, may have a little new belt strech. The battery cover screws like to vibrate out, I put blue locktite on mine already.

HOLY SHIT!

Just rode it for the first time for about an hour. Blown away by the performance! Way more than I was expecting - this thing is insane!!

This board can climb the steepest hill in town - pretty sure it’s 25% or more - at a speed that’s almost too quick!

Winning remote dropped once in the hour I rode it. It didn’t brake when i wanted it to, going about 5mph, but then started working again within a couple seconds - pretty drama free. Remote is pretty touchy; I think I’ll adjust it at some point so the first 50% of the acceleration on the remote has a slower curve/acceleration rate to make it more mellow in that range. I’m sure I’ll get used to it the way it is, I pretty much did in the hour I rode it. Stock, it’s like a missile; just point and go. I’d like to still have that curve when I floor it, but not so easily accessible in the first half of the remote’s trigger’s range. I’m sure it’s easy to adjust…

But yeah, blown away. That’s the most fun I’ve had in I can’t remember when. Definitely going to buy a helmet tomorrow.

Now the biggest issue I see is everyone wanting to try it and me looking like a dick for saying ‘no’ because I know it will knock them on their ass. Wish there was a ‘slow’ mode or something for that situation or when I’m not thinking clearly and would like to play it safe ha

1 Like

Ordered Raptor August 21…Trampa Aug 28… Both have arrived. The Raptor about 2 weeks ago and the Trampa a few days ago.

Please allow me @onloop

You saw the colors on the website before you ordered it. If you buy a red car you can’t go back to the dealership and complain about the color.

10S3P (30 cells) Battery pack and electronics need a place to stay protected and dry.

99% of the ESK8 have exposed belts. Take a look at my Trampa up top.[quote=“bucksd, post:45, topic:9562”]

Now the biggest issue I see is everyone wanting to try it and me looking like a dick for saying ‘no’ [/quote] You have every right to say no. Tell them it’s like driving a race car and it takes a long time to master.

1 Like

@onloop THIS THING IS AMAZING!! Wow. Just wow.

For anybody on the fence about buying one, I’ve only ridden mine twice and had to wait two months to get it, but it’s completely blown away my expectations. It’s like a race car.

Went out for my second ride today. Rode for probably a little over an hour. Got about 12 miles of range. I’m ~170lbs with clothes. The first ~4 miles I rode pretty slow and hit a lot of stop signs/intersections (went to buy a full face helmet), the other ~8 miles I rode about 20-27mph the entire time. As per Jason’s advice, I went full speed to get better range (seems counter intuitive but I guess the motors like that RPM better). I think the Winning remote dropped at one point (pretty sure it didn’t accelerate once when I asked it to) but came back almost immediately.

I always turn off Wifi, Bluetooth, and GPS on my phone to avoid interference - for this ride I had my phone in airplane mode as I’m still learning how to use the Raptor and gain confidence in the electronics.

But yeah, LOVE THIS THING!!

I just ordered a Raptor Dual the other day, and I’m very excited :slight_smile: Just wanted to ask if anyone would know an estimated time that an order in the #6500 range would be shipped. I heard they’re getting a lot better at shipping quickly so I’m just curious! Looking forward to joining all you guys soon!!

order #5572 delivered about 2 weeks ago. Board only… no battery, vesc or remote…

When did you order? :o

Mine took 9 weeks to receive everything and I’m located in the US. I was expecting 8-12 weeks. Worth the wait, this thing is insane.

I wouldn’t be surprised if yours arrives a lot quicker than the older orders. Then again, there are so many factors that determine how long it takes them to get you everything - mostly all out of their control - so you just need to be patient.

Asking them only slows things down for everyone :wink:

1 Like

August 21.

Just to give you a little more insight, I am order #5565 (full raptor dual) also ordered on August 21 and I have not received anything in California. This is to be expected though, so it’s just a matter of being patient!

Update: 10/10/16: Just got a shipped email saying that my order is on its way! Super excited! Update: 10/14/16: Delivered!

I ordered Sept 15, have received my battery and the Raptor should be shipping any day now. You should probably expect 4-6 weeks, though i dont know specifics.

Where do you live? I ordered the same day and haven’t received my battery or anything yet.

I live in Colorado, but i wouldnt read too much into the battery, Jason has mentioned that the shipments have had a decent variance from the boards arriving. I wonder if they send shipping confirmation when the board is sent…