Curious on the latest batch of enertion raptors

[quote=“rodriguejoe1, post:20, topic:9562, full:true”] Looks like the Nano x is going to take a bit more time before delivery due to some last minute quality control changes and testing[/quote]

Where did you read/hear this? Any idea on a time frame?

He just emailed an update…stock arriving after oct 15

1 Like

@onloop posted something about crowd testing before it goes out…

“Next batch shipping late September” is what the enertion website currently says… I’d be happier than a kid in a candy shop for a status update on the shipments…or even a pic of all the raptors on the racks! Help make mondays Great again @onloop!

In the workshop yesterday…

Very cool.

Since I want to use my Raptor as soon as it arrives, I’m gonna buy a cheap remote off Amazon. I’ve heard the GT2B works.

This one is $27 with Amazon Prime (means I can return it when the Enertion remote shows up…). Will this FS-GT2B work with the Raptor, or should I order the other option, the FS-GT2E that comes with an FS-A3 receiver?

Basically, does any GT2x work or does it have to be GT2B, and does one also need to purchase the receiver or just the remote?

Youll need receiver as well

Don’t think you need to anymore dude as they’ve been delaying Raptor shipments specifically to perfect their new/updated remote system. There’s a very good chance your wasting your money unnecessarily.

Is this official? I didnt see anything from Jason on that…personally if prefer the raptor with the winning remote earlier and then the nano-x later on

I just recieved my raptor today. Checked the nuts and bolts over, lined up the belts a touch, Charged up the winning remote it came with and took it for a Rip. No issues with the winning remote so far, but for the maiden voyage I wore my motorcycle sportbike leathers. First e-sk8 ride, I would assume they are not delaying raptors for the new remote. I had previously ordered some abec flywheels to replace the ones that came with the raptor, because the reviews commented on how hard the stock wheels are. The ones on the board are fine! They actually seem to be 80a’ish like advertised. Perhaps there are some variations in batches of wheels. I am going to change the bushings out in the trucks though to suit my preferences though. Well worth the wait!

Great news… waiting for my battery, vesc and remote from Enertion. Got my board a few weeks ago.

Nice, so your building a custom setup?

They updated the stock wheels, the ones I had were like riding on plastic. I’m sure yours are better. But still getting 75a Abec 11s will a huge change for you in the positive direction.

Yes, I could hear on peoples video reviews how hard the wheels were, so these ones are not the same. I did manage to find a set of the 75a Abecs so will swap them on soon.

The dual raptor is all from Enertion. The Trampa will have custom batteries (@barajabali).

1 Like

When did you order yours?

That is pretty man!

I ordered mine on July 12, order number 4803. Looks like from the instagram post they are shipping raptors in the 5000’ish order#. Just got back from my second charge ride. Worth the wait.

My Dual Raptor showed up today - ordered July 24th, 2016, order #5003. No remote yet. Not sure if @furryfrog purchased a Winning remote separately or if his came with his Raptor, but I don’t have a remote from Enertion yet.

Immediate criticisms without having ridden it yet (no remote):

[Disclaimer: I’m gonna sound like an ‘arsehole’, but I’m just being blatantly honest]

• must paint trucks black; the blue is as hideous as I imagined from the pictures (to each they’re own). it’s like a baby blue. there are also like three different shades of blue/purple going on, plus black, plus silver, plus orange/red. wtf haha i don’t know how people put the green wheels (yet another color) with the orange centers on this thing and think it looks good. black…just black. black is good, thanks!

• carbon deck came with some noticeable scratches and the glue job on the wires coming out of the deck is a little sloppy. the rubber housing (kinda looks like heat shrink but isn’t) around those wires doesn’t fit well - it’s too loose, so it’ll collect debry. somewhat expected since these are assembled by measly humans (not robots), though their quality control could be more strict.

• nose/tail guards look as stupid as I imagined. personally, i think it makes more sense to have the wheels extend past the front and back of the board to act as a guard, and increase the effective wheel base, but you’d be losing the kick tail. maybe just have the front truck more forward to avoid head on collision damage without a nose guard. now that i think about it, it’s kinda ridiculous to have a kick tail made out of carbon…i mean, half of what makes a kick tail cool is being able to kick the board up into your hand, but who’s gonna want to damage their beautiful carbon fiber in the process? how about a replaceable plastic piece that makes contact with the ground and attaches to the tail, similar to grind plates on roller blades (do those still exist?).

• why such a long board and why such a long kick tail? again, everyone is different, but i’d prefer a board that’s about 4" shorter, mainly because it makes it a lot easier to carry around by the front trucks and it’d be a little lighter. unless you’re like 6’4" tall, in which case you could easily carry this board around by the front trucks without the tail hitting the ground. i love the idea of a kick tail, but this kick tail seems excessive by about 2" - it’s huge.

• speaking of carrying, I’m definitely gonna remove the ugly handle when i black out the ugly trucks. my normal fingers don’t even fit in it, it’s no more convenient than carrying it by the deck - though, I’d rather be able to carry it by the trucks since you don’t get the grip tape all over your hands (i’m weird, it always weirds me out), and the silver handle is just another color to confuse me. having a cohesive design beyond two colors is not easy…

• all the bolts protrude on the top of the deck - none of them are flush. haven’t even ridden this thing yet - no remote - but i imagine you’d be able to feel them. just doesn’t seem thought out or well designed. that said, how about a quick release mechanism for the battery lid?

• deck is very high off the ground. i’m already thinking about removing one of the two risers, but it seems like the wheels will likely rub the board if i do. just standing on it, it feels really high off the ground.

• having the belt exposed (not encased) where it’s lowest to the ground seems like a likely place for a tiny rock to rip it if you ride over one, which will happen. not sure why they didn’t enclose at least a portion of the belts to avoid this. speaking of belts, no extras included? from what i’ve read, these do need to get replaced every now and then. seeing as wholesale price on these is probably a buck or two each, wouldn’t it be in everyone’s best interest to include an extra one, maybe two?

• a switched power button that protrudes from the top of the deck where you put your feet is just asking for trouble.

So, haven’t ridden the damn thing, but those are my initial thoughts. All of those critical remarks said, I bought this thing for performance. I didn’t buy it for looks, resale value, reliability, or reputation. I liked what Jason was up to and I took a chance getting something unique and not mass production. I’m super excited to eventually be able to ride this thing and evaluate the aspects that actually matter. Most of my gripes are aesthetic or just personal preferences - which is exactly why the DIY market is so cool! Love how Enertion is supporting that.

Looking forward to posting some critiques on the board after I’ve actually ridden it and owned it for more than 8 hours! :slight_smile:

1 Like

My remote was attached to the battery cover lid, wrapped in bubble wrap and taped to the inside of the cover. Have you looked there and taken the lid off? 2 screws and the other screws and some spares are in the accesory box.