Cumulus Nimbus 4wd 12s8p evo street build

Thanks, I’m putting together 4wd myself. Just for rediculousness. Thanks for your work and share. Also shout out to @psychotiller who’s building the battery, and to @torqueboards for the mechanicals.

2 Likes

@Battosaii Have you nailed down the range of the 12s8p in 2wd with AT tires(6-9 inches)?

If you have, can you let me know what the numbers are as well as your batt amp settings? Im getting a 12s7p 30q and Im just curious as to what the real world range will be…

(are gear drives more efficient than a belt drive? Im running the etoxx 1:5 helacials if that makes a difference :thinking: )

Haven’t messed with my 6 shooters since the accident but I may put them on for the next ride to try it out.

I assume 6 shooters on 2wd will give me somewhere around 30ish miles range.

@anon64938381

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see what you put together. What’s your set up going to be?

1 Like

What are the real world ranges youve been getting with this build?

ive been running 2wd for now and ive never drained the battery. i frequently do 20+ mile rides and it barely leaves a dent. with 4wd on 107s i estimate 40-50 mile range closer to 60-65 with 2wd

2 Likes

Im looking to build a 12s8p board as well, but I cannot find a single BMS for it what do you use?

1 Like

I use the best tech d140 charge only BMS.

3 Likes

This one? https://buildkitboards.com/products/bestech-d140-charge-only-bms?variant=12511076974686 What does bypass mean btw? Thanks

It means the bms does not limit the current to the esc

2 Likes

any updated realistic values with range/full range test? interested in a 12s8p dual 6374, wondering if its worth it or if I should just go with 12s4p, “range closer to 60-65 with 2wd” seems too good to be true tbh but if it’s true that is actually insane

Let me tell you buddy it’s actually true lol. It’s a 1KWh battery. I don’t charge my board for 2-3 group rides and I ride fast and our rides are 15-20 miles distance on average.

Don’t get my wrong a 12s4p is great I’ve done 30 miles on a single charge with mine but I was really pushing it.

4 Likes

That is actually insane, I’ve gotta get as much range as possible since im going the DIY route, would go larger than a 12s8p if there were any larger bottom mounted enclosures that could fit more on a trampa for higher speed cruising for longer distances but I suppose 60 miles should be enough even at bursts of high speeds lmao. 10p would probably be overkill.

2 Likes

Keep in mind my numbers are with Abec 107s I would expect a little better than half of that number with pnumatics

I thought of 8p for a long time… this is my very first build…didn’t want to cause a bada :boom:

What was the total cost of this?

Im wanting to attempt a very similar build myself since i saw yours and fell in love.

Also, did you find a solution to protecting the motors? and kind of brace?

Have not come up with any brace atm but I did buy some aluminum round stock so let’s see what and I now have a 3d printer. This build is very very dirty and sloppy atm I will soon do a rebuild thread I just got my second unity in. I don’t know how much I spent in total kinda afraid to actually calculate it lol I’m guessing it’s well over $3k

Thinking of renaming it the GT-R since it’s the fastest thing I’ve ridden and it’s awd lol

Was thinking of naming my next 2wd the GT-S maybe I’ll keep up the Nissan theme I love my Nissan’s

2 Likes

Awesome, I hope you dont mind me shooting you a few questions and i stumble through trying to recreate a version of this for myself. Im still learning and researching a ton. All i have so far is the deck to put it in perspective :joy:

1 Like

Lol reading though this thread it seems like I’ve blown through 4 Focboxes haha damn.

I have 2 working Vesc X in a build and 2 more Focboxes going on my 44 build. I have 2 blown Focboxes that may not be repairable but I’ll let the drv wizzard check them out and now 2 Unities. The one product that enertion does right is the Focbox :slight_smile:

Huh so you blew a unity at 13s?