Configuration and telemetry for VESC [iOS, Android]

I guess I am the odd man out but I paid @jacobbloy 130.00 (that I will never see the money or product) for this same functionality as rpasichnyk. To my knowledge I didnt see anyone else offering a way to set up and control my VESCs through my phone. I dont need to buy VESCs anymore for my board addiction - just need to swap battery/VESC/Rx assembly to whatever board I want and load that config in my garage without a computer. I bought both Evoheyax and rpasichnyk modules and dont think they are the same at all. I bought Evoheyax hoping that one day it would be developed enough to do what Jacob promised (still a little bitter) and what rpasichnyk does now. I see a purpose for both depending on your needs.

I work in the furniture design industry and other companies stand on my shoulders (copy me) all the time. The trick is always be thinking of the next trend or functionality so while someone is copying you you are one step ahead with the next gen product. It makes the people that copy you look like followers. Every once in awhile I will run across someone that isnt solely about the money and will want to collaborate on designs - those have been the most successful so far.

I havent been able to go back and see any wrong doing because the other account has been closed.

my $.02

No, you were not. You are using HC-05 in another thread and very happy about it. You just passed by and left your little poop over here. Not very respectful.

Some people might think I copied something or use the code from other apps, but it’s NOT TRUE.

• My apps are written from ground up and have 100% code written by me.

• I offered code inspection if someone does not beleive it and my offer still stands.

• My apps are identical for both iOS and Android. There is no way to run iOS program on Android if you just copy the code. This code is totally different and will not work for Android.

• I did not hack anyones app. I used aapt dump badging and aapt list -v to see the basic information about apk and made logical conclusion that it doesn’t use GPL library in question.

• My apps are miles ahead of competition. Opensource is often used as an additional bonus when you are not sure people would buy it and count for dontations instead.

You mean just like @rmrf behaved?

Does not need to be true. You lost the trust by being deceiving.

I am pretty sure you use some sample code from like the QT BLE samples out there - so that statement can’t be 100% true.

In what way exactly are they “miles ahead”. You have watch support sure - but other than that?

From my point of view you are not in the position to be so cocky anymore. Go and work hard and earn the trust again.

I guess that was Benjamin’s intention.:joy: I think some people are simply cool and want to help others and feel better with it. Why does Tesla share all it’s patents.I think not because they think they can’t make money with it.

It feels much better when somebody honors your work with money even if he doesn’t have to. Of course it is only a fraction of the amount you can make when you would sell it. And when you sell it then marketing is more important then quality so you are forced to shout out stuff like “My apps are miles ahead of competition”.

And if “miles ahead” means how many miles have been ridden with the apps then i think this will change soon.

7 Likes

• Change configuration, run motor detection, on multiple VESCs • View the charts in the browser and share them • Download JSON data and do whatever cool things with it • Fully customize the look, use in both portrait and landscape • GPS coordinates and elevation tracking • And other small but nice things, like metric / imperial conversion on the fly

All these takes time and effort. It is sad that you can’t appreciate. You haven’t been supportive from the moment you came into this thread. You are probably waiting until I slip up again. But I will use your advice and will go and work hard and earn the trust again. Thank you.

@Ackmaniac I agree that opensource is cool but I think you should speek about Benjamin and Tesla after you opensource yourself. So far you are keeping your Android app closed. You are not making money with it, but free is not the same thing as opensource.

1 Like

As a developer I know that OpenSource is better for the community and everybody.

I don’t know if he copied any code but as a metr.at user i’m happy, works great and I’ve contribuited as well to help him to continue this amazing project.

I see metr.at as a service, yes, you have to pay for it, but common guys he spend a lot of time (to add features, fix bugs) and also put money on It (app licences, hosting, domain, ssl) that’s not free, do you think that it’s not fair to charge a little bit?

1 Like

It’s fair to charge… Not cool to give someone hell over their app being closed and then releasing a closed app that is direct competition to the app you trolled the dev to be open. It makes it look like he wanted a peek under the competitions hood to better their own app and sell it.

His app is great I bet and well worth the money too but some will not, for moral reasons, deal with him.

ordered 2 units

hope to see apple wach app soon

2 Likes

Is that out yet? The Apple Watch support?

No, still in development, but hopefully coming soon :slight_smile:

Thanks. One isn’t here for 2 days and the thread goes crazy. :open_mouth:

I am sure zero lines. Because you are using Xcode and he is using something different to have both Android and iOS support. He can not easily copy Xcode code and when you look to the development state of his app compared to yours he is on a whole different level. I think he doesn’t require to copy from you.[quote=“Maxid, post:137, topic:13483”] From my point of view you are not in the position to be so cocky anymore. [/quote] From my point of view you are neither when you PM me for hacking his app. I think you must ask an other member for read out the UUID of @rpasichnyk’s module for you.

The difference is, that @evoheyax build his app on the basis of an existing github project, and must publish his code. He just told him that. That hasn’t to do with “looking under the hood”.

1 Like

spanish translation coming soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Someone send me a zip file of the .apk’s for the apps you all are arguing about and ill settle if anyone stole code. I am a reverse engineer-er, check my github account (same username) that will prove that i am. I’ll reverse the apps in question and provide a purely technical opinion if they share code.

1 Like

This is awesome! I just got my bluetooth module from you and the app works great!! connects up quickly and reliably. Would have preferred to just pay for the app and just use the module I already had but its all good, Great work!

How do I get metr on my android wear watch? I have the app installed on my phone and o have the android wear slider activated.

1. Check that your watch is paired with your phone.
  2. Check that you have metr in the list of the installed apps on your watch. If you don’t, run “Resync apps” in “Watch” app on your phone.
  3. Run metr on your watch. It should display a string “Run metr on your phone”.
  4. Run metr on your phone.
  5. Enter layout editing mode in Realtime Tab (long press) and enable which values you want to see on your watch.

@rpasichnyk Since the update with the new layout and icon, my own configuration was lost. It’s fine though, however there are new parameters which are not clear to me what are those. The icons didn’t tell much about what data is being shown. Could you please update your first post what each parameter & icons means.

Hi Roman,

Great work btw.

Would it be possible to have a battery gauge tile added with % charge remaining?

Since this is primarily a software effort, would it be possible to get discounts on 2nd or 3rd BT modules if we have multiple boards?

Thanks!

1 Like

Even after resyncing, it is still not installed on watch.