Configuration and telemetry for VESC [iOS, Android]

I’d settle for a Bluetooth connected message… it would let me know my phone sees the board without having to check.

I added bluetooth enabled check, I agree it is a nice little improvement. Thanks! :+1:

2 Likes

Screenshot_20190225-114307

Thank you a lot Roman for being such concerned by User experience and listen to our needs. This feature will be very useful !!

2 Likes

I got what I think is an original METR module plugged into my Unity through the UART port and my iPhone pairs to the METR via the METR app but all the values are 0 regardless of what I do. I’ve tried with the BUAD rate set to 9600 and 115200 and there is no feedback. What should I try next?

Unity does not work with original Metr chip, only Metr Pro with updated FW

1 Like

Disappointing but thanks!

What is the cheapest smart watch that’s working with metr?

What is the best VESC firmware to use with the original Metr bluetooth module connected to a VESC v4.12 with a DieBieMS? I want to be able to change modes.

I’m loving all the updates! I’ve been out of the loop for a bit and am trying to catch up. Great to see the implementation of Wh/mi and the audio announcements!

1 Like

You can use @Ackmaniac 3.103 with a METR module, change modes with METR app or Ack app, use TCP/IP connectivity to config, etc. You can also use the newer VESC firmware, but I like Ack’s better as it makes more sense.

1 Like

The important feature of Metr app is that you can use any VESC firmware with it (well, most of them), works just fine, all features supported.

Then there are usually 3 groups of people:

1. Those who always use latest, get new features first, but may have some new bugs as well
  2. Wait a few weeks and let the group 1 be guinea pigs
  3. Configure and forget, do not fix if it’s not broken

Then you just need to decide what you want :slight_smile:

Can motor temp be logged with Metr? I can’t find a way to add this parameter to the recorded session. I can only see my motor temp in real-time. Thanks.

Found it! Little arrow on left in browser that opens the legend. Very happy that it logs everything at all times and it’s just a display switch.

1 Like