Configuration and telemetry for VESC [iOS, Android]

@jmasta @Silverline thank you for reporting the bug. I am on it.

1 Like

The perimetr app keeps saying that my VESC has unsupported firmware. It says the support firmware version is 2.18. I’ve tried the 2.18 VESC_4_10_plus and 2.18.2 VESC_4_10_plus from the github here: https://github.com/rpasichnyk/bldc/releases

Do I not use the plus firmware versions? Do you have firmware that supports watt control mode?

What kind of VESC do you have?

It’s the one from diyelectricskateboards with 4.12 hardware.

VESC_4_10_plus.bin is the right firmware. It does not support watt control. You need to install the firmware with BLDC-Tool. If you get the error in perimetr again, make a screenshot and post it here.

still very happy with the app and improvement your are making.

is there something changed in de apple watch app?

it’s longer installed on my watch, also after rebooting, reinstalling app on phone, activating watch in settings. still no installation on the watch.

can also not find the app in the apple watch app of installed apps.

any clue?

No, I did not make any changes to Apple Watch part. Can you check this?

Source Get apps on Apple Watch - Apple Support

I tried without succes.

The app doesn’t show up in the list of iwatch app at all . If I open the app store it indicates there is iwatch app available.

Both phone and iwatch app are up-to-date. Tried re-pairing the watch. Problem is iwatch doesn’t regonize any metr.at iwatch app. I will try tonight if the same issue occures when i try to install a new iwatch app.

I just installed a simple calculator app on my iphone with support for iwatch and it’s directly showing up on my watch. So it seems to be something with metr.at app.

Somebody else still have the app on iwatch?

Maybe try to remove metr app? Not sure that will help. All your records will be gone but you can upload the important ones and write down the links.

Thanx

I tried already 2 times after removing and shutting down the watch and phone. First starting up phone and than the watch. Re-installing the app. Still no success. It doesn’t appear in the list.

Have to google a little more to find the solution.

app is back on the iwatch, somehow it didnt regonized ios update from 2 months ago, after update rebooting i could install it.

2 ideas:

possible to get a fuel consumption meter wh/km over small period of time.

select in list which items you want to see in the layout and the app auto arrange the items.

1 Like

I installed the custom firmware based on the instruction on your website, but Perimetr still cannot find my module. Everything still works great in Metr. Any idea on how to get it working?

Firmware 2.18.2 (VESC_4_10_plus.bin) on VESC v4.12

Most likely because metr app is still running in the background. It locks your bluetooth module so other applications can not see it. The solution is to force close metr app and use perimetr. I am thinking to move everything into one app to avoid this problem in the future.

@rpasichnyk I just made the order. Also send the code for traceability? How much does it take to get to Pisa, Italy?

Forcing Metr to quit allowed me to configure settings with Perimetr. A single app would be nice in the future, but this works for now! Thanks!

@rpasichnyk is there an easy way to record/log motor rpm ? I can only seem to get it shown in real time.

It is recorded, but not displayed on the chart. Add ?format=json to the url and you will get raw data. For example open https://metr.at/r/DwDQT?format=json and search rpm:

1 Like

Did you find a solution for the “battery cell bug” ?

Ok Thanks , is there any way to get it into a graph so I can check at what motor current the rpm was ?