Complete Drive System for sale (formerly Motor Mount with Dual Idlers and Custom Made CNC Motor Mounts)

The trucks are brand new and not deformed at all, the same issue happens on my other board that uses the same type of mounts and also has new caliber II trucks. I’m hoping that I’m not installing them properly rather then it being a design flaw with the mounts. Maybe the long arm mounts are too long so there is a lot of leverage on them which causes them to tilt eventually?

I have customers that have brand new trucks with bent axles, deformed hangers,… After all most trucks are cast, not precision CNC’ed. I myself have an Evolve GT, brand new, that have an oversized axle. I ended up lathe it down to fit the bearings. Please swap out with the other clamp as suggested :point_up_2:. Let me know how it goes.

ok, got it.

When I was removing the clamp just now I noticed there wasn’t a lot of resistance on the bolt and the other mount c-clamps are all threaded further then this one, so maybe the thread lock didn’t take the first time. I want to make sure It’s not a problem with my installation so I just cleaned and reinstalled again with thread lock all over the bolt. I torqued it as far as I could and I think I even stripped the bolt.

If this doesn’t hold I will swap like you suggested.

PS: do you have the specs of the bolt handy? Will try to get some in allow steel at the hardware store if I need to switch it again since this one is probably stripped.

Bolt is probably mounted in reversed. Please note: the clamp only has one side that is threaded. Following video show the quick and easy way of installing the mount https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfwuMY0f-B0&t=167s

Bolt is 10-24 x 1 1/4"

The bolt was not mounted in reverse :unamused:

Please don’t forget that this is the second build that I use these mounts, I’ve already learned the install process from your video on the first build including putting the bolt in reverse temporarily with the coin to open the c-clamp but after that putting the bolt back not in reverse for securing it permanently.

It would be very difficult to install that bolt in reverse and not notice it during installation, I’m fairly experienced with DIY projects.

Another option is to install a locknut on the protruding thread of the bolt. That would surely lock down the bolt clamp.

2 Likes

@marcmt88 can you upload pictures of your Surfrodz motor mounts?

file-2

file2-1

file1-2

file-1%20-%20Copy

file-2%20-%20Copy

file

file1-1

file2-4

file2-1%20-%20Copy

8 Likes

giphy-facebook_s

2 Likes

“Moped” single motor commuter Pre-Built, more details can be found on Janux-esk8.com

master

pic1

pic3

pic5

pic11

4 Likes

If using the dual mount with cross bars and Sk3 6374s, would I be able to run 15mm belts or will it only fit 12mm?

Dual Sk3 6374s setup running 15mm belts works on TB218mm, not Caliber trucks. There is not enough clearance between the motor arms to fit dual “true” 6374s or sk3 6374s.

You can run dual 6354s with 15mm belts on Cal trucks.

I can’t find your surfrodz rkp mounts for sale. Are they out?

Can they fit dual 74’s with 15mm belts?

Hi Michael, Yes, they are for sale. https://www.janux-esk8.com/product-page/janux-dual-motor-mount-with-stabilizing-crossbars-black-anodized-finish,

They are designed to fit dual 63xx with 15mm belts.

2 Likes

Thanks. I missed the truck selection option and only noticed the pictures which did not show the right mount for surfrodz.

Sorry, I got to do better with my website layout. I’ll update with a picture of different adapter shortly.

1 Like

Under “Pre-Built” there is a picture of the SurfRodz adapter for reference https://www.janux-esk8.com/product-page/97-surfrodz

Is this still available, I couldn’t find it on the site?

Also do I specify the amount of teeth for the pulleys in the checkout?

UHey Jasper, I did not have time to put up the kit on my website. Please use PayPal for this purchase. I would need to know your truck, wheel, and pulley ratio

Let me know if you have any question.

Thanks, Marc

Is there a difference between flywheels and clones?

I do have clones now but will eventualy buy real flywheels.

Also what is shipping to Australia again?