Comparing truck options

So here’s something not really talked about on this forum.

Here I have 2 truck configurations, Caliber II 44 + 97mm clones, and a supposed Paris Clone + 83mm clones.

As you can see, they both have the same ride height, and have different wheelbases. This won’t mean much for free ride longboard setups, but that’s a significant change in rideheight and wheelbase for cruiser setups. I’d love to hear about other people’s truck + wheel setups and their experiences with their respective setups.

1 Like

i have avenue suspension truck+abec 97mm with a mini drop deck, makes sooper smooth, slick, and low ride.

i also have caliber but it is too solid on side walk that hurts my knees when going fast. which is I don’t us it.

Have you compared it to traditional setups with flexible decks? What’s the Ride height of the avenues vs the calibers?

1. i tried loaded vangard normal board they are better than maple board but it is too high and hard to push due to flex. im too light for this too but with battery weight i guess it would be okay set up.

2. i tried evolve gt with air wheels. very smooth but lack of agility. turn radi are very good tho. i hate the remote. it’s too sensitive and deck is terrible too.

3.caliber + drop through. best set up for speed. not so much turn. super stable low ride. but it is like a sports car i can feel every grains on road.

1. my set up. avenue+97mm + microdrop. sorta bit of everything. turns well, almost smooth as the evolve, low ride. fast too.

avenue is a ted higher than caliber2. but i use drop deck so… doesnt matter

2 Likes