CLOSING TONIGHT 01/16/19 (Group Buy) for Maytech waterproof (R2-style) Split Trigger Remote with Screen and optional wireless charging

Hey I tried connecting the high voltage connection for my flipsky VX1 receiver to that voltmeter port on the unity and it didn’t work. I ended up splicing it into my charging circuit, which did work.

I think it may have something to do with the voltmeter port on the unity having a different ground than the rest of the board? If you measure the voltage across the pins of that voltmeter port you get the voltage of your battery. But if you measure the voltage from the positive pin of that port to another ground on your board you’ll get 0V.

3 Likes

Nice! Thank you for saving me the exact plan I was going to do tomorrow. I was told only positive needed connected but we’ll see.

@hyperIon1 unfortunately that blue bar doesn’t currently reflect battery gauge for me. Maybe once I do @scream’s suggestion it will work. I’ll get back to you tomorrow. Thanks!

I didn’t have a chance to play with the new ones, I had to ship them fast… I have more coming I will find some pictures of the old screen to compare with

1 Like

I would connect it to the positive end of your battery pack anywhere along the line before it enters your esc.

2 Likes

that’s it the BLUE bars on the left, that’s nice you can really see it now…

Yeah it’s this weird thing with the Unity though. There’s a dedicated jst port on it for a voltmeter to plug into. It’s super useful for an lcd voltmeter.

It does seem like the logical place to put the voltage wire for remote receiver applications cos that’s kinda what it’s there for, and it’s appropriately fused. But it doesn’t give a good voltage read between the high side and another ground. Must be on a separate circuit.

yes, you are correct… We are RepairAgent for enertion and it for the new Raptor 2 upgrades (unity and e-tray) makes it easier to do repairs…

5 Likes

is it working now? If not, please take a picture of your connection, I will check with our engineer.

It’s taking much longer than expected to drain the battery, thanks @hyperIon1. Has been on full throttle on blocks for almost an hour.

So I should see the first bar drop ~80% battery?

Here is proof of wiring.

20190405_091837 20190405_090831 20190405_090230 20190405_090034 20190405_092753

2 Likes

what do you have the battery series count set to in the settings?

Finally! I cheated and set it back to 10s to make the process change over faster. I’ll test later back on 9s as originally suggested for a 10s battery.

20190405_100518

that’s where I was going with that, I do remember the % is off because of the circuits involved and you needed to set it back one series count…

1 Like

Seems like the raw battery voltage vs unity aux voltage did the trick. Thanks for the feedback and for the original suggestion @Scream

3 Likes

please use 10s for 10s battery now. set to 9s for 10s batttery is only for the first batch remotes. We adjusted the firmware. It shows more accurate than before.

3 Likes

Any chance we could update the firmware of the remotes from the first batch?

Sorry. It can’t be updated. I have advised our engineer. He will consider it in our future versions.

1 Like

Hello everyone, new to the forum. this might be a dumb question, but is it possible to connect this maytech (R2-style) trigger remote to a hurricane or atlas pro?

No, only if you upgrade your Hurricane/atlas pro to use a VESC based controller.

have you heard of that being done?