(CLOSED) $50 Surfrodz RKP press fit mount Round 2. šŸ›¹

Did anybody ever check tb mount compatibility? If not I will try when i get my set

1 Like

I could make some carbon fiber motor plates if anyone is interested? Compatible with these clamps

8 Likes

Yes please. Would love to try yours out man, you do great work.

4 Likes

I cannot imagine they would work, at all, given the nature of precision press fit components. I could be wrong but simply looking at pictures they donā€™t look even close.

Would be crazy if they did fit, needs to match these dimensions. Just need someone to measure them to confirm if its a NOT EVEN CLOSE situation.

5 Likes

Thanks for confirming that :ok_hand:

Ill get 10 plates made

6 Likes

@moon did you pick up a set?

1 Like

nah I didnt but I need to meet MOQ for some carbon fiber plates so might aswell make some of these

1 Like

Do you have a set of SurfRodz? I picked up 4 sets of these press mounts and one of my buddies doesnā€™t need.

Yours for free if youā€™d like!

3 Likes

Dang, its freaking happy hour round here. :beer::beers::beer::beers::beer:

3 Likes

Thats a kind offer but I donā€™t have these trucks. I had tkpā€™s but they got left behind in America.

1 Like

Well shit. Letā€™s chat.

Fyi, if you are going to use 6880s with Marcā€™s mount. You should talk to him directly and ask for longer mounts. cus the SR pivot cup will be in the way when you want your mounts higher off the ground.

What kind of Center To Center distance you talking about? I know he does several lengths. I got a custom super short 73mm CTC plate from him like a year ago which fits good for 50mm motors. I think his standard CTC is somewhere around 90mm.

Im interested. Let us know what you got

1 Like

How much longer? Im planning on using 6880s and already had plates. Will they not work?

Not sure. Only seen pictures from. @marcmt88

With the standard length the mounts will be very parallel to the ground .

Guys there is only one set left in this buy, everyone paid and they are currently being machined. :grinning::hugs::beers:

I am thinking of doing a round 3 soon, as the last two went well and people are buying up surfrodz like they are going out of production right now. Also looks like there will be 3 motor plate options to fit these coming for the next buy, not just marcmt88 plates. So thatā€™s cool too.

10 Likes

@Winfly @Bobby If you want rear mount with 6380 size cans I suggest a center to center distance of at least 94mm. Maybe just go 95mm, not sure how accurate my surfrodz base plate is in CAD.

4 Likes

Where exactly in Americaā€¦ hehehe