CLOSED 10s4p (SAMSUNG 25R) 190€

If you do this group buy again for the battery packs or for the bms only í would like to get on the next one. Very interested

BMSs and switches are sold out (for this first batch). There is still one full pack unsold. The LCD is from a company called Bayway (you need to speak mandarin to have a good price).

This are the specs for the BMS:

Feel free to ask translations if you dont get some data.

1 Like

Have you got one forwarder to send all items?

I hope you do :smiley:

Of course. He found me a formula that includes custom fees.

@fedestanco

Is there any possibility to just buy a complete 10s2p pack from you/ your distributor?

I have a loaded vanguard, so I need to keep my pack small to allow for flex

This batch is only for 10s4p scheme. If you want I could “cut” some s (for example 8s4p). Cutting p would be very difficult after manufacturing.

What’s the price for all options shipped to the US?

No charger :190+29+5+2+25=252 with fast charger: +26

T/T transfer sent to te factory. Hopefully they will ship in the next days. I will keep you updated. Btw you can start sending me your preferences on the bms position in the pack.

Prototype pack has been manufactured. They noticed that in the welding process with copper battery started overheating so I asked them to go back to nickel strips. They offered me a discount for using nickel instead of copper (about 60cents/pack), thus I will send these 60c back to you if you want.

1 Like

Thats disappointing . How much Nickle are they going to use- number of strips and width??..the whole idEa behind these was copper carries charge more efficiently without heating up.

they could have also just done a longer pause in between welds. For example they could have used like 3 batteries simultaneously and alternate between them spot after spot. That should have been enough time for the batteries to cool down again (or not heat up in the first place). Also I doubt that spot welding can actually increase the temperature that much - in the end that is the whole point of using a spot welder: pulses are super short and only apply heat to very small areas. To me it feels like they tried to lure you in by telling you they can do it and now had to switch to nickel because they actually could not. Maybe someone who already spot welded copper can share his experience?

@monkey32 thickness is 0.3mm and width is 8mm. I am going to do some calculations and if I am not satisfied with the results I will ask them to increase the thickness or to weld another strip on the top of the first one.

1 Like

I asked them to test the nickel strip with 40 amps. It reached 44 degrees Celsius. This temperature is totally fine for the cells. Anyways I am insisting to get a second strip on the top so that the packs will be safe and sound even with a crazy current drain.

Please notice that other battery pack producers are using just 1 nickel strip. Doubling it will have less resistance than the copper connection I planned at the beginning.

Edit: the seller accepted welding a second nickel strip on top.

Great thanks

Hi, saw this late, I was wondering if you still had packs left at this point or if you were all accounted for. (I’m in the US)? I’m looking for full 10s4p, larger bms, switch and indicator (basically everything). Also if available, before I commit (I see so many went back and forth and don’t want to do that) do you know when they would be to you and when you would re-ship?

Cheers

Since there were many delays with payments, you probably wont receive your battery next week. If UPS is fast in overseas shippings, you will see your battery the week after.

Any updates on this one?

No major updates. I choose DPD to receive the goods. I also picked black pvc heat shrink to protect the pack. I will PM you with your personal tracking code next week. Any questions please ask.

1za6595w6860734354 I finally decided for UPS. According to the velocity of customs procedure, you will receive your battery late this week or early next week.

Please send me your complete address in PM. Thanks.