Cheap Ass 6x2 Pneumatic Belt Setup. 3D printed Pulley/ Vex Versa Pulley. Thingiverse link in post #534

https://der-rollenshop.sportkanzler.de/150mm-Luftraeder you can change the language at the top right. These tubes are for narrower wheels, but i guess its fine.

Sorry I owe you some pregress reports/pics butemy ambitions have proven to be greater than my available time. Nothing yet from me.

No further progress, except for 3D printed spacers for the bearings. I mean, they work, but I donā€™t yet know about their longevity so I donā€™t really wanna share atm. They allow me to space out the bearings in any spacing I want. Also I think it works because my bearings have a HUGE lip to place spacers. :slight_smile:

Also I was looking for some puncture proofing, but two places I bought the strips from, insta-refunded me, so that idea is scrapped for nowā€¦

I am also trying to track down a source of Schwalbe Impac 6" tubes.

On the other note, I have some local dealers, I will have to ask them to import some.

I wonder if our default tubes are 6x1?

1 Like

dunno, i guess it puts more strain on them to fill the same volume, but i donā€™t see a big problem.

You think these will fit on the wheel? A tiny bit smaller

Found this on a swedish site https://maskindack.se/slangar-falgband/implement-framtraktor/ovrigt/slang-6-x-1-1-4-gripen-7777-90-45/

Havenā€™t made any more progress lately. Looking to change the bearings out eventually but I havenā€™t had time to get my printer working

Do you have a broken bearing or just that itā€™s not free spinning? If latter, then just ride it for sometime and it will free up on itā€™s own.

1 Like

I had just seen that some people mentioned that they spin easier when they changed bearings. I need to monitor what my whr/km is to see if its worth doing the swap

Thatā€™s what I am saying, give it a shot and if you donā€™t like it then change. I am on stock and I am getting 13wh/km. No point in wasting money and time if you donā€™t really need it.

Free rolling bearings are necessary when you are pushing not when you have it motorized. Thick grease bearings are not free rolling but are long lasting.

1 Like

I changed the bearings in 2 wheels because they were clicking and nasty, the other 3 wheels Iā€™ve got are good with stock for now. Iā€™ll change them as and when they need it.

On a side note The failure of the valve stems that a few people are seeing could be caused by the hole in the wheel being oversized. Iā€™ve noticed that there is visible rubber coming out through the hole around the stem on 2 of my wheelsā€¦ it may be a symptom of running high pressures? Iā€™m going to look at turning some thin nylon collars to go around the stems to protect them and take up the excess space.

Iā€™ve adopted the mod to allow puncture repairs without removing the pulleyā€¦ works well so far.

1 Like

What mod is this?

I canā€™t find it now!! It basically boils down to using longer wheel bolts to bolt the pulley on to the wheel half which has the tapped holes and then using locking nuts to hold the other rim half on to this assemblyā€¦

Iā€™ll take a picture tomorrow if that doesnā€™t make sense.

Heā€™s talking about this. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Havenā€™t been able to try them yet, it is the rainy season here and did not had the motivation to work on my board. Will definitely post something once it is done.

Wouldnā€™t it help to just smooth the corners of the hole? Maybe some electrical tape would help even?

1 Like

Maybe soā€¦ My thinking is that I get a nice clean fix that I can put on all my tubes, I like a bit of overkill.

1 Like

Here another clip i have from experimenting with the gooseneck and mouting options

3 Likes

I basically took a file and dulled the edge where the fill valve comes out.

1 Like