Cheap Ass 6x2 Pneumatic Belt Setup. 3D printed Pulley/ Vex Versa Pulley. Thingiverse link in post #534

What motors are you going to use? I can measure mine when I come back home.

i want to get access with the stl files thank you !

1 Like

@Shaz here are the stls.

3 Likes

20190106_185457 Dual 6374 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Then @mishrasubhransu could help you more as he uses similar motors.

Iā€™ll take a look when I am near my CAD computer.

Placed an order on the wheels. Got 4 wheels for 70$, quite good deal IMO.

What tire options are avalible? Stock is ok?

1 Like

The stock tyres seem good so farā€¦ bergmeister tyres should fit these rims too.

1 Like

Stock is great. Thatā€™s the most used 6" tire on this forum.

:+1: canā€™t wait to get them

Calculated my belt length and going to use a 330mm belt. With 50T I get 6 teeth in mesh and with 60T I get 5 teeth in mesh.

I think I prefer 60T for torque but I wonder if 5 teeth in mesh is enoughā€¦

Whatā€™s the belt width? 15 can handle

Iā€™m going to use 12mm cuz thatā€™s what the size I have on my motor pulley. Will probably adjust the stl to 14-15mm instead of 17mm :slight_smile:

i can definitly recommend using other bearings for these wheels, rolls alot better than ealier.

1 Like

Indeed! New bearings roll for 10+ seconds without any riding being done. Good stuff.

got a lil more footage while testing out the new hero blackā€¦ although not 100% about the tires this vid, more in the worksā€¦ but hypersmooth and tires is niceā€¦ will have to do same vid again once I finish this next build with PU

3 Likes

Just got my drivtrain with these tires done. now just got to paint the @Boardnamics mounts painted black !Message_1549422654950 Message_1549422632136

4 Likes

You should move your motor mount closer to the wheel. Oh I see, you canā€™t. since you used a short mount, you have to flip the motor pulley and that means the motor mount as to be away from the wheel.

The motor pulley canā€™t be flipped as the mount is so thick that it takes a lot of the length of the shaft away. Do you see anything majorly wrong with the way it is now. Btw is the pulley intentionally designed to be put on the other way?

Yeah, pulley goes the other way. otherwise it puts a bending moment on the shaft. not good in the long run.

2 Likes

How many teeth in mesh do you guys have on the motor pulley? Is 5 enough?