Cheap Ass 6x2 Pneumatic Belt Setup. 3D printed Pulley/ Vex Versa Pulley. Thingiverse link in post #534

not just that, wet roads from rain are not that problematic anymore. I have seen people ride with urethane in the rain, but with severe limitations.

@mishrasubhransu i printed some prototypes and found that the distance between the bolts is 42mm, havn’t realized this until i printed the pulleys and saw some serious wobble. Earlier i printed with 41.56mm

ive been having some REALLLLLLYY good high speed rides here in Manhattan… almost euphoric and super wholistic feeling.

i get the new go pro tomorrow and hope in the coming weeks to get some good ride footage consistently. Yall will think im crazy but these wheels are legit and no major worries about imperfections and keeping pace and passing traffic at 30mph is solid =P

2 Likes

Printed some prototypes of what? Distance between what bolts? The the main?

ah sorry was unclear. I printed that adapter that is connected to the rim to hold the actual pulley. Turns out the distance from bolt to bolt is 42mm exact.

Here is the range update. I ran it until it came down to 3.4 volts(actually diebiems soft limit is 3.3 but due to sag it started cutting at 3.4). And rode a total of 11 miles(17.7km). 4.1V to 3.4V is 2.1AH so that gives a total of 10S X 4P X 3.7V X 2.1AH = 310WH. So it comes down to 310WH/17.7km = 17.5 WH/km. With the board I weigh 85kg(187lbs) and ride at <20mph

FYI @murloc992

Office to work is 2.2 miles and I rode it exactly 5 times.

5 Likes

So it’s not bad at all! Considering you used 310Wh, and a 12S6P of 30Q is approx 800-900Wh. May be less or more depending on how hard I squeeze them.

Should conservatively hit my 30km milestone! Woot! :smiley:

thats impressive - I used up almost double on my 6x2 Pneumatics. You must have good roads and a super efficient drive train (or are a terribly boring rider :smile:)

Very boring rider actually, I stick to 15mph mostly and don’t do any hard accelerations(I want my belt to last). I don’t want one more dislocated pinky :smiley: (Although that was on a thane board 100mm MBS when i got stopped suddenly by those 1" thick street plates, the ones they put on roads when they dig up the roads)

Roads are pretty good for 85% of the stretch. Also I have the pressure at 75PSI. Final thing I can think of is that I applied this oil(met-ol) to all the bearings as per someone’s suggestion here, maybe @mmaner, a while ago.

3 Likes

The stl files are available here from now on; https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3392781

2 Likes

What belt lenght have you guys found works best?

Lets say 16/60 Belt size? 16/50 Belt size?

375 for 16/50 with TB reverse mount. The reverse mount has wheel axis to motor axis distance of 100mm.

1 Like

Ah ok im using regular mounts. Will se if i can calculate the correct size somehow :sweat_smile:

Seems like @amazingdave is also getting the same Wh/km as me. From his metr log it’s 106Wh/7km = 15.1Wh/km.

@Maxid

Was just scrolling through for some pics and found his post.

4 Likes

That quite good. Can any of you guys messure the total width of the wheel with pulley installed? =)

Which pulley are you talking about ? Versa or the 3d printed one?

The stl files are available here from now on; https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3392781

1 Like

3d printed one :slight_smile:

With Turnigy SK3 6374 and 15mm belt pulley on TorqueBoards 218mm trucks you will have barely 1-2mm left pulley-to-mount and 1mm left for the nylock nut to screw on… I did some small mods, like thinning the spacer by 1mm and using a 12mm belt pulley (14mm) to get more tolerable nylock engagement on the axle and better spacing between pulley and the mount.

That’s nice - wouldn’t have thought you guys could achieve this with pneumatics. Maybe I should crank up the pressure even more :grin: I think if I remember correctly I had 15wh/km with my Jacob hubs :open_mouth:

3 Likes

20190121_151644 This is the amount of space I have on the truck. Do I need more or what do you think?