Decided to document this setup in its own thread to showcasing the performance and invite discussions. It was also brought to my attention that I was spamming the no words thread. I agree, it would be best to wait until the project is done and reserve the incremental updates to this thread.
What is needed(3D printed Pulley + 3D printed pulley adapter)
- Tire with hub from aliexpress.
$69 for a set of 4 (shipping included)
- Three M6 Bolt, 45mm length
$7 for 25pcs
- 3D printed pulley adapter
- 3D printed pulley(Any teeth count from 42 to 60)
should have 8mm shaft with 35mm free length. TB218 will work.
What is needed(Vex Robotics Pulley + 3D printed pulley adapter)
2. Three M6 Bolt, 25mm length
3. 3D printed Versa pulley adapter
4. Vex robotics versa pulley(42T or 60T, 18mm)
6. three qty of locknut(8-32)
$6 for pack of 50
7. 3 qty of bolt(8-32) 1-1/4" . you’ll have to grind it a tiny bit
$6 for 50 pcs
Tire above has been pressurized to 60psi.
Now I wait for 2 weeks to receive the other 3 wheels so that I can test it on a board.
I don’t have long axle trucks to properly test the wobble, but I did spin it on a normal truck and didn’t notice any wobbling. Can’t say anything about balance. How do you guys test for that?
Modified the part to save plastic