General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

Thanks for that. I’ll keep waiting for it to go live. I already have a KooWheel so being able to swap packs with this makes quite a bit of sense for me.

This is so bad. I’m still waiting for my v4 sd and I about to get into this thing. This has to be my last purchase till next year.

1 Like

I can’t wait till the speed V3’s or the V4’s speed drives not the torque ones when they go back in stock till December boies :pensive::sob:

1 Like

it’s live I’m#2

2 Likes

Very live. I’m#3

2 Likes

#16 meow…can compare to hummies

Just backed it on impulse…Quick, someone convince me what I did was right! :weary:

2 Likes

It was right! You can always sell it, but you can’t get in the top 20 again if you change your mind

1 Like

I’ve been on the edge of backing this all day. I’m still leaning “no” by a 49.9% to 50.1% margin

1 Like

I really, really, really, really wish they had an option for just the motors. I’d have backed that four times over already

2 Likes

This over and over again.

100mm MBS Wheels

5 Likes

that use whatever wheel you want system is soooooo awesome. I passed on this one. Hopefully when I’m ready to get another board, Jerry will have another cool offering

1 Like

I might not pass on it, but I passed on the preorder. When it hits the UPS trucks I may reconsider

is it just me or is the carvon v4 drives on the exo basically koowheel hub motor stator with a new rotor with abec11 inserts for conversion to direct drive?

2 Likes

That’s what I said up above. Looks like it

Hmm I saw Jerry’s post today on reddit and I find it quite interesting: “We’re going to use the Gen 2, which has slightly bigger stators than the D3M. The electronics are different too, rides like the FOC mode in VESC. The torque is much, much better…smoother and quieter too. We wouldn’t dare use the D3M on dirt, but with the Gen 2, no problem at all.”

So if I understand this correctly …for V4 Torque Drive motors he is using old generation of Koowheel motors. But he is going to change them for the GEN 2 with bigger stator which means that for the new TorqueDrive he is going to use: these hubs:

The more I am reading the more I wish if Jerry could sit down, and design his own stator from scratch, instead of using the one from Khoowheel. Take a look at the image above how much space is taken by the can itself just to be able to fit those changable PU wheels. Truth be told …all Jerry needs right now is well designed big ass stator that is efficient and draws little amps. And don’t get me wrong guys…I am not saying that the new hubs from Khoowheel are bad… they seem torquey and have no problems with heat and all…but the stator could be even longer and still a bit bigger than what it is in GEN 2.

His stators at least for the v3s don’t seem to be from a koolwheel. They looks like an sk3 stator according to the number of poles and size. Like the 6474 one seems to match exactly.