Carbon motor mount 8$

Hi guys. We have good and bad news: good deal on aluminum (12$ with shipping to my house) BUT the max thickness they can laser-cut is 10mm. Does somebody here have experience with aluminum? Is 10mm enough?

Metal part of Enertions mount is 12mm if that helps at all.

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t do it with 10mm. The screw holes get way too close to the edge of the mount. Unless you make the screws smaller.

I use 10mm and seems ok at the moment but would say a little thicker would have been better. But I have been thinking about this and I think for my next mount I make I will use threaded rod and red locktite the rod into the larger side of the mount and then use locking nuts and blue locktite on the clamp meaning that the thinner threads on say a 5 or 6 MM stud wouldnā€™t be under as much stress or usage.

Like @Pantologist says. Use smaller screws and it will be fine I think.

If you guys can wait 2 more days I can send more inquiries on alibaba and try to get at least 12mm.

4 Likes

I donā€™t think anyone would mind waiting for that.

In fact nobody does, take your time!

Iā€™m in for at least 2 of each.

take your time and get 12mm :wink: iĀ“ll be in for 4 mounts i think :monkey:

Id be in for 6

If there is a group buy, and one mount costs maximum 30ā‚¬, I would take two complete with aluminium(Do you live in the EU?). I think the most ppl just want a complete mount. So i think the best way to handle this is to make 100 Complete mounts, make them cheap but with a little bit of profit and sell this 100 pieces first. If you like to sell them make more.

One day everyone will have this mount because of the price (With Enertion Quality).

OK guy we finally have a deal: a bit less than 13$ for 12mm 5052 alloy----or 14$ 7075 alloy. Iā€™d personally go with 7075 since it is much stronger. Price includes shipping to my house and customs to europe. The seller told me in advance that we are going to have rough edges since we decided for the 12mm. (I believe it is not that bad since this photo refers to carbon-steel. In addition, The mount is going to have more grip on the trucks)

SO PLEASE UPDATE ME IN CHAT 1)HOW MANY PCS 2)SHIPPING TO YOUR HOUSE (poste trackable/ poste untrackable/ dhl/ ups/ā€¦)

Then I will tell you how much to transfer on my paypal. I guess family/friend transfer is just fine for group buys.

2 Likes

Iā€™m in for two sets (two carbon pieces and two alumium pieces). Trackable post to Finland.

always take the best material available! So better take the 7075

Hi guys DO YOUR CALCULATIONS AND TELL ME IN CHAT please

8$ carbon piece-----14$ aluminum 7075 The software predicted 96grams for the whole mount----I predicted 20-50grams for the package

Shippings: (zona1=europe and uk-- --zona2=usa and canada) ON THE LEFTā€“>grams OTHER FIGURESā€“>euro

1)slow untrackable

2)slow trackable

1. fast trackable 15euros to europe. This one is worth if you buy 3 or more mounts (UP TO 1 kg) http://www.puoispedireonline.it/spedisci-online?source_id=118

To make it more clear: weight of the mount is 100 grams and the weight of the box is between 20 and 50. So a total of 120-150 grams each mount.

Option number 3 is a fast shipping to europe and includes the freight of a 1kg box. Sorry for misunderstanding :slight_smile:.

It may be too late but star prototype might be a good place to get the clamp part machined

Iā€™d like a set ( 1 carbon fiber piece and the allu piece )

Slow trackable post to the Netherlands

would you share the aluminum manufacturer? Iā€™m looking to make some parts too but havenā€™t found any prices that low