Boss level custom spot welder

Ordered last friday and got it today!

7 Likes

Superfast :grinning:

1 Like

Yeah. Insane. If only my batts and nickel would get here…

Lipo not ready? Well… You can test the solder while you wait

Nanotech 3s 5000mAh lipo will be here tomorrow. :smiley: waiting on nkon for cells and ebay for nickel. :confused:

Didn’t lee send you some courtesy plated strips?

Yeah. I’ll play with them in the meantime.

So I have been using both my spot welders almost since this thread started and they still go hard. But now one of my welding pens is run down and I want to diy one upgrade it or probably purchase a $50 pen and modding it to fit like this…

Any suggestions? Ideas may be?

Maybe @aulakiria sells them individually.

Lee can supply. Also you can make your own. It’s easy to do. Please do not buy that Pen. It’s very expensive and really low quality. I know It by own experience.

2 Likes

Looks like a good bit of kit

Is the best way to purchase one of these welders still to send a note to the email mentioned in the first post?

Yes. Fastest and cheapest.

1 Like

Just did that. mine is shipping tomorrow !

1 Like

I was hoping to make my own but with similar features like replaceable leads

Anybody in here, using the Boss spot welder with a car battery ? Or is Lipo preferred??

And what settings should i start with, i`m using 0.15mm nikkel from nkon.nl

1 Like

I think @Acido tested a car battery

My latest posts are about a turnigy 4ah heavy duty battery and it seems to work very nice

I tried doing it with a dead car battery but no sucess But a normally working one will weld it for sure

2 Likes

Just tested 4s on 0.2 nickel. It’s more difficult than 3s but perfectly doable. I recommend 3s for nickel, if you only have 4s adjust it slowly and you will make it (depending on your setup)