Boss level custom spot welder

I think It is this one

4 Likes

Power Style

xD

I love the Chinese. So direct.

Try To Edit Your Posts

Thanks!

Will you dictate behaviour rules here? Make your own thread dude.

2 Likes

There is Keep It Tidy rule on this forum and I believe it covers this case. Dude.

Thanks for the link. I want that box too.

1 Like

i got this battery and the welder starts working nicely at around 8ms, 2x pulse, and 3ms which is a lot IMO with .15 pure nickel but it works very nicely so i wont complain

1 Like

Yes. It is a lot. 0.15 can be handled with just 4 ms with my nanotech. I was expecting much more from that lipo. Nevertheless high flux times on 3s are not a problem. If you are making nice welds you are fine with that.

1 Like

I’m thinking the larger batteries just work better. 4ms and 1x for the others work just fine all day. This is with a 8k mAh nanotech

Everything is worth noting I guess. I was using two old zippy flightmax 45c 3s 5000’s. I had to turn up the welder to 7.0 just to get he first strip on my parallel group to weld properly. Then 2x pulse and 11ms to get nickel on nickel.

So I swapped in my dynamite 3s 5000 50c batteries which are much newer, more balanced and have a way higher burst rating. All is good in the world. 1x 5.0ms for first layer now and 2x 7.0ms for nickel on nickel. I’m using strips from supower 10mm wide and .15 thick.

edit batteries in parallel

1 Like

so are u saying this battery was worth the price or would u have gotten something else? I believe my package should be here this week. =)

Im about to do some more test welds as we speak I will still try experimenting with the settings

And this was nickel to nickel connection But from the 10welds I have done they seem very solid

nickel to nickel seems very very difficult to get a good strong weld. Much different from welding to an actual cell.

I’ve had better luck welding 2 layers of nickel to steel in one shot, than 1 layer to steel, then later another nickel layer.

Well I did not use the welder on cells yet 8ms 2x 3ms is for nickel to nickel

Right, just be careful when you weld to cell, as I’ve found you need a lot more power for nickel to nickel, so if you use same power to weld to cells, you may blow holes in stuff.

I menaged to get nice welds with 3ms ,2x, 3ms on nickel to nickel Is super strong

I always start with like 1ms and then go up till i get nice welds

2 Likes

Hello guys, what 4S LiPo would you suggest for this welder?

I use nanotech. Graphene has been reported to work fine. Any lipo with REAL high burst C (+100 prefered) and +4000 mah of capacity Will do. Beware overratings. Why 4s? Do you plan to use copper?

I was suggested by @aulakiria this lipo

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-heavy-duty-5000mah-4s-60c-lipo-pack-w-xt-90.html

Is it possible to use the soldering iron with the lipo? Or you definitely need the power supply?

Yes. You can use the lipo. Just make an adaptor. I never tested mine to the end, it’s not like i have to solder for hours. Mine is 5000 mah and it had more juice left after 30 minutes soldering, so at least half an hour. https://youtu.be/73xb6SiqcRs