Boosted Board details megathread

Check this thread may want to ask @lowGuido but you can see his comments in the thread abt diagonal setups

I’ll reach out, looks like there are mixed feelings with it when it comes to breaking… I’ll do more research on it, looks promising but I want to see if I can do that ying yang set up like this: http://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/original/2X/c/c0902c4dcd02c53625417fe5f89af7d05d17259a.png

Well that was a disappointment. I’m not exactly expecting a complete overhaul of their deck but their selling point is basically “more range!” It’s more of a BB 1.5 rather than second gen.

@Mr_Mahal & @Photorph I got a reply from @carl.1 and they said they’re just waiting for vesc and should be able to ship all outstanding orders in 2-3 weeks. Not that Enertion’s track record have been good, but I’m inclined to believe they’ll be able to make it for this estimation. Or you can just build a temporary diy, that diagonal drive system looks awesome.

True.

& whaaaa?? ALL outstanding orders? How many are there left… I was telling @photorph that all they needed was the VESC shipment but I didn’t know realistically how soon they could actually put it together when they got them. If they’re shipping by end of June I’ll just wait but still pre order carbon whenever its available… DIY board during the winter to destroy them all : p

Ya, thats what @carl.1 told me. Obviously we shouldn’t hold them firm to that date range because shitty things happen. But if everything goes well, Im expecting they’ll be able to ship all orders in 2-3 weeks. So take it as a ball park.

I’m actually going to commission someone to build an AT board for me in the not too distant future. I don’t have the time or patient to build a DIY and I doubt I can solely rely on Raptor for my winter or rainy day rides, so I’ll just commission one of the peeps from this forum to help build me one. That or I’ll wait and see what Enertion plans is with their AT hub motor, I would really love ride that board in the snow, it’d be so awesome.

ETA @Mr_Mahal

The real reason everyone builds dual rear is because it looks cool. And because onloop shouted so loud about it because thats how he built his. (While openly admitting that he has actually never tried diagonal )

I have done it. Its great. There is no uneven pull with braking. If anyone wants to tell you different make sure they have actual proof otherwise its all bullshit.

3 Likes

Weird since one of onloop’s videos on his youtube channel recommends dual diag for heavier riders who want to climb steel hills. Though, it’s an older video.

How did you wire your diag configuration? did you have very long battery cables? Did you put one VESC in the front and one in the back and connect them with a very long can bus cable, or did you have both in the front/back?

1 Like

@lowGuido ditto what @Jinra said. Could you show pics of the build??

Onloop does actually recomend DD for heavy riders in his latest stuff because it is the only way to fit 2 of the larger R spec motors. There is photos of my DD build on this forum. Let me find one.

3 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

What would happen if you went over a puddle though? no housing for those components in the middle or was it just to show?

That was an early photo. I have revised things a little but still no case. Its been going for years with no issues. Although i dont ride in the rain.

1 Like

Damn, are all those casings for batteries/vesc? How much was it for the entire build?

I don’t either (if I can help it) but freak accidents happen, just wouldn’t want to fry everything.

Batteries, hes not using a VESC. ESCs are the ones with the fans on them.

Looks really clean, how much did it cost you?

What’s the specs on it?

Ahh I see. How would a dual VESC set up differ?

Way more range on the Ollinboard Flux

I can easily nurse 40+ miles on mine but mostly stop below 30 miles.

Sure any board can say max range but if the owner takes the batteries that far then that is why you read reports of battery packs needing to be replaced.

Big whoop the new BB range is around 15 miles but probably only a good idea to go 10 or 12 miles per charge.

Nice Zealous bearings : p

So basically use only 75-80% of charge on each go?

1 Like

Dual VESC can be similar but you’d have a can bus cable connecting them and you probably dont want it exposed under there so you might want to get a custom hard case for it unless you throw the whole setup into an enclosure.

I highly doubt this is the case, there are individuals from February who are still waiting on their orders to ship. If “ALL” orders are to be shipped in the next 2 to 3 weeks, then at least all the people from February should have had their orders shipped. Mine had a shipping estimate of late April. After so many delays I kind of just stopped waiting, but I will be thrilled if it gets shipped in the next week or two.

1 Like

They are getting stuff though… Just in bits and pieces lol. But really it depends on how many orders he still has from March and April. People could be dropping orders with all these announcements – though that’d technically be stupid seeing the potential shipping dates for BB and Evolve.

I think if he gets the VESC shipment within the next 2 weeks he can probably get everything out from march april may by end of July. He has already got the wheels. Not sure on the battery progress though and if he’s upgrading our batteries to pro4, doubt it.