Bioboards Thorium X4 - 4WD Geared Drive | Custom made Evo style board | Caliber 2 baseplate | Fatboy 230 Hanger | 12s6p 30Q | 4x Vesc 6.6 | 4xFatboy Gear Drive | 4x 6374 special ordered motors | Metro Pro | Abec 11 107mm

Nice one :smiley:

2 Likes

Well maby not that, but soon on our instagram I will hold a competition to win a kevlar protection hoodie, so keep a eye on it :wink:

4 Likes

Where are the logs of your rides :smile: Videos are one thing, but Telemetry is sometimes much more interesting! Show us your dutycycle :joy:

Next ride day I will record it and show you

3 Likes

Thatā€™s one of my goal with this, to build the best board with the best parts from all the great innovator from this forum and hopefully sell alot of boards so they earn on this to by selling parts to me.

5 Likes

Jesus. Someone once told me Scandinavian people are boring. FUCKING LIARS!!! :rofl::sunglasses::crazy_face::joy:

4 Likes

when youā€™re ready for customers, please lmk

I surrender :slight_smile:

thanks my friend

1 Like

Thorium X4 vs Eskating Dual Beast :

5 Likes

More with Thorium X4 :

4 Likes
5 Likes

Nice build. I love it :smile:

1 Like

80km/h is the theoretical value, you wonā€™t ever reach it, not just because of the lack of power at higher speeds but because vescs have a max duty cycle of 0.95

1 Like

I notice there is a setting you can change to up or down that value, it let me input 1.0 but I didnā€™t care to fuck with it. Would changing the duty cycle to 0.98 or 1 do anything? Or because there would be no modulation at 1 (solid line) this would be pointless and just simply not work? Is it the microprocessor on a vesc that canā€™t process more precise values between 0.95 - 0.99999, or something to do with signal accuracy? Just curiousā€¦ Why have an adjustable parameter for it? Any use to setting lower values if we canā€™t go up?

the fets need some T_off time, playing with values over .95 might cause severe damage.

Fets work by quickly switching on and off, thus a minimal off value is required.

I have done 81,4 km/h with it

7 Likes

have you tried a kv test on the vesc_tool? maybe maytech sent you a slightly higher kv value. Or maybe I just calculated it wrongā€¦

Props for getting to that speed! suuper scary

:astonished: How was that speed measured?

When will you be starting selling this monster?

Iā€™m all for pushing the boundaries on anything, and this board is an absolute beauty and work of artā€¦ BUTā€¦ from a commercial point of view surely a slower (say 60kph-ish) and therefore more reliable setup would make more sense? Sure sell it with the same hardware, allow or even teach buyers how to tune it to get the theoretical maximum out of it, but selling it ready to ride already on the limit is business suicide (and noob with too much money suicide) !

Donā€™t get me wrong, I love this board, but itā€™s too fast for virtually everyone. Itā€™s bonkers, and because itā€™s maxed out from the start itā€™s likely prone to problems like all finely tuned speed wagons. Is there a market for such a beast, or would a detuned but reliable - and still class leading - board be the more commercially viable option ?

Just a thought. Donā€™t get me wrong, I drool over the workmanship in this project!

12 Likes