Bioboards Thorium X4 - 4WD Geared Drive | Custom made Evo style board | Caliber 2 baseplate | Fatboy 230 Hanger | 12s6p 30Q | 4x Vesc 6.6 | 4xFatboy Gear Drive | 4x 6374 special ordered motors | Metro Pro | Abec 11 107mm

I dont have a picture of the actually press process i will ask my friend if he took some. But i will try make time later to press one deck just to show you the process then if you don´t believe me and for the people who would like to se how its done. But you are free to think whatever you like :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I haven’t even pressed my first deck in my hydraulic press yet…I got an entire damn photo album outlining the process.

Its just a bit unbelievable. I felt like this was going to a great opportunity to show some craftsmanship on the forum. But now, its just deep pockets, buying prebuilt, and throwing them together and calling it “new”.

This is a DIY forum. Do it YOURSELF. I just want to see what you did…if you did it.

LOL this is hilarious. I’d ask who gives a fuck but clearly a few of you do.

anyone with regular access to a shop like that could have a mold designed, cut, and pressing decks within 72 hours and doesn’t need to justify shit to anyone.

33 Likes

Who cares as long as theyre good solid decks :rofl:

just finding things to cry about :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

“throwing them together” ok please get out of this post troll. “I haven’t even pressed my first deck in my hydraulic press yet…I got an entire damn photo album outlining the process.” - Maby you should do something els then pressing decks if that true :joy:

5 Likes

But I’m not claiming that I have pressed any. I’ve been open and honest with everyone that is interested in the work I am doing. I’ve kept them up to date and any questions they had, I provided pictures and explanations.

I’m not trolling, just calling things as I see them

You clearly have a few people that are doubting what you are claiming…why not take the time to prove them wrong instead of having a pissing match.

I am a little confused. Did you press these decks?

or just these ones?

1 Like

@mackann strap in boys its going to be a long witch hunt. Time to start telling people about business and how you only prototype with self pressed decks and how anyone who actually wants to make money and not just be a cult leader won’t press their own decks for a multitude of business reasons. If they do they’ll stay stuck in their garages or basements like @treenutter and myself.

16 Likes

Just saying if I had your guys’s garage I’d be hanging out in there too. Lol

Can i come hang out?

7 Likes

I did press 1 evo copy, not the 2 on the picture (and never stated i did), i did press those 2 other decks to yes. Or well not me alone, me and my friend who owns the carpenter and tbh i probely couldnt do it alone without hes help. I can´t understand what you think is so hard when i basically just did a copy? I never claimed it was my design? I said its a evo copy. Please write to me in pm instead, i dont want this this thread to be about proving something about a deck.

4 Likes

oh no you don’t. drag your prey into the town circle and burn them like a man. Its worked for me so far. lol

13 Likes

any time holmes! be ready to stay lit.

8 Likes

I think we might have a language barrier thing happening here.

I think when @mackann said he pressed the deck, he didn’t realize that most people would assume that the production boards, or the boards that he will be selling, are NOT going to be pressed by him but rather purchased from a manufacturer.

I think it might be better if we all cool down and not devolve to name calling, as vendors who start throwing slurs at people don’t typically fare well, and see if @mackann is interested in explaining his process adn what the plan is.

10 Likes

You are welcome, just write to me if you are in Stockholm. We even have beers there :smile:

2 Likes

Regarding Pressing the decks, who cares? Its irrelevant and at this stage is a bit petty given the larger picture. This guy’s trying to bring DIY-esque builds to the mainstream, and has done a pretty solid job in the creation of custom boards for different audiences.

Lets support the community, not go on witch hunts on such irrelevant tangents

2 Likes

i feel like that aspect of Bio Boards is less than appreciated. I’m just glad i get to assemble them fo the US market. more upgrade money!

4 Likes

Exactly! I mean i find it really admirable that He’s already planned out a source of assembly/repair/contact in the US, and isnt just playing that aspect by ear

so far everything He’s done seems really professional and thought out, so im excited to say the least!

2 Likes

You’re talking to an Oregonian lol. We don’t smoke trees we smoke tree houses.

2 Likes

To answer your question, I once again think its possible we have a language barrier thing. People often make the assumption that it 1 fact is proven untrue that all the other facts are questionable, and not unnecessarily so.

If you take that @mackann 's statement that he pressed the deck and assume that means he will be pressing all the decks, which turns out to be NOT what is happening (as I understand it) then it looks like a lie on the face of it.

If it turns out that he pressed the deck, as a prototype with no intention of pressing all the decks, or even just changed his mind, but did not understand the assumptions that would be made from his previous statement then all this becomes a culture and language issue.

I can believe I just typed 200 words to explain a theory about 7 words :). Either way, let just give the man a minute to explain whats happening before we start getting ropes.

7 Likes

super lemon haze oils man! you’ll wake up with your face in a bag of cheetos, and somehow all your work got done.

7 Likes