(Better than Freeboard) Bindings! finished 3d printable design in post#209!

Gods no. It was aluminum. But it caused me a ton of headaches.

Now I have to wait a week to get back on track.

:frowning:

1 Like

This thread must not die! I didn’t buy a second 3d printer for nothing

7 Likes

I don’t even care to use these and 3d print a ton of different top part sizes to try out.

2 Likes

I just hope thia doesnt turn in wild goose chase and someone comes up with good design which works just as good as regular bindings but with extra safety considering they would be open

Something else showed up in my pottering about

https://shop.electric-skateboard.net/electric-skateboards/evo/accessories/288/hook

I knind of like the option of a bent piece of metal but maybe in unison with a 3d printed part. Maybe if the printed part had a channel for which the metal piece could run through Idk, maybe bent over a certatin circumference image Wondering if any design have been thrown up for folks to collab

3 Likes

What about composites tho? You can literally wrap an old boot with plastic wrap and laminate a ~semi-unidirectional strip over it, and then maybe make a dual-bolt adjustment system, kinda like this image regulates the distance and somethings somethings. I had done couple of working sketches myself, turned out very neat and functioning (toothing my horn here) but did a little jury-rigged full-strap tests with an old buckle belt I screwed down into the board - right straight widow-maker the thing was :S tho I did only couple of jumplings and what not on a basement floor, maybe I just didn’t get the hang for it

1 Like

I’ve worked on this for short time since the last time…:slight_smile: There is even simpler design than two standoffs.

I have it in cad, just waiting for other project to finish before I post this.

Dani

3 Likes

Hi Danile,

I have a koowheel (electric longboarg) and I would like to try a foot bindings as you have designed…can you send to me same design file with that prototype that you show in this pictures? I think those are the perfect measures. let me share with you my better skateboard design www.bit.ly/skate_one , I hope that you like it.

I wait for news from you about your binding design.

thank you so much

1 Like

Should be no problem. Just need to get to it

20190424_114909 20190424_114756 20190424_114838

Basically this, piece of 8020 1" profile, and the piece slides up/down for adjustment.

With updated (and aluminum) base plate. Also, the printed piece should be updated for better interface, and smaller part overall.

Will see if I can test it today.

What do you think? Dani

23 Likes

I think it’s beautiful

8 Likes

I absolutely love that you integrated 80/20 T-Slot material in your design, I love that stuff. Good job.

5 Likes

8 Likes

Looks sooooo great! I’d throw a safety cap on there just in case.

1 Like

Wow that looks really good

1 Like

Thanks! Or just cut the profile yo be inside the plastic part.

1 Like

Well… yeah… I guess you could do that too

:man_facepalming:

1 Like

Looks good indeed @danile

Give us back some feedback, once you get to test it in real conditions… the biggest factor would be - are jumps possible with these printed + aluminium containing bindings.

:money_mouth_face:

great work !

1 Like

20mm profile is inspired…love love love

Also the longer foot locker is perfect

1 Like