(Better than Freeboard) Bindings! finished 3d printable design in post#209!

Threaded standoffs. I guess

I haven’t looked at the design for more than 10 seconds though

1 Like

Aha, so the base-plate would have a counter sunk hole from the bottom, in which this bolt goes? That would make sense.

1 Like

I like that system. It’s a completely universal mount, for which you can 3D print any kind of bindings, including something like I sketched up above, so that you don’t need to use a spoon. :laughing:

So now we just need someone to machine the baseplates and we can go home, right?

2 Likes

Very cool

I guess it’s even simpler than mine. Great job @TowerCrisis, simple and to the point.

Dani

1 Like

It requires some carbon otherwise we risk losing @danile !!!

Option to use carbon tubes accepted here, personally love carbon whoring.

I’d be happy to print something out in PETG if it helps

3 Likes

@akhlut you up to the task or are you swamped in machining?

2 Likes

very, very impressive.

2 Likes

Don’t worry.

The best idea should always win. This is the case here. Now go ahead and execute!

We can always tackle super light version in the future Dani

4 Likes

Impressive ! @TowerCrisis @danile

would it be possible to get more coverage above the feet? This will provide more support in the momentum in the air. See below

3 Likes

I can’t wait to have a ton of different 3d printable foot holds for true customization!

6 Likes

@venom121212 I have a mountain to dig myself out of, and a bearing thats going bad in my spindle.

And i fucked up a set of custom engraved plates last night because of a loose endstop. Hours were lost.

3 Likes

Oof. I F’d up my 3d print running all last night too. Not nearly as shitty as metal though. Best of luck to you with projects moving forward

2 Likes

Super excited about this. Great designs!

1 Like

Is not the end of the world. Need new spindle or fix. Day or 2 lost is all.

1 Like

Yea gareed @okp Seagull wing over the top of the foot, otherwise they are fancy footstops in essence, for you anyways you mad yoke!

2 Likes

The bigger we make the 3d printed part (for more foot coverage) the weaker it will be unfortunatley. I dont expect there to be any problems but in a hard bail they could snap.

I love the latest design but I think we could easily get away with slightly more foot coverage. I can print in Nylon or glass fibre reinforced Nylon or even carvon reinforced nylon if we needed to for extra strength!

2 Likes

great work. Happy to bring back my unik street deck back to life to test these babies.

1 Like

:sob: nooooo

if its mine take your time :slight_smile:

1 Like

We can do creative solution. Just need to finalize the dimensions of the design.

Who is proceeding with this?

1 Like

I just guessed at the angle of contact on my initial design and it didn’t match any of my shoes by a lot. So, I took some measurements and tried to add adjustability to the angle for varying shoe types. Rather than the adjustment by vertical screw I was thinking of a wedge concept where you tighten it’s grip by working your foot further in to your liking. The base is currently PETG and the plate is TPU with like a 15 percent infill that gives a hard rubber feel while still flexy enough it won’t noticably damage if bent quite a bit. Different bolt length can increase stiffness but may give enough leverage to where if you stomp it the base could break. I need to pick up some hardware to actually test it though.

3 Likes