Benchwheel pairing issues

When you say “press and hold the red buttons on both the remote and the board at the same time” assume the red button on the remote is the first which is the second red button?

@Namasaki @mmaner

Tried starting the remote before the vesc. Only got two beeps

those instructions where actually for the benchwheel board and remote

Yeah I see. I’m thinking it is a faulty remote, do you know any about that?

You connected the battery to the VESC before you turned the remote on!?

You’re supposed to turn the remote on first…

You have to press the white button on the receiver for 7 seconds as well.

I had tried the remote before the vesc before lots of times that was just a video to show, apparently not a good one haha. How long from turning on the remote would you say I should be turning on the vesc? I was leaving roughly 1 second in between.

Yeah that’s about all you need…

OMG YES. It was the white button of course hahah it should really say that on the instructions. Although now it seems to not want to change from High mode to Low mode.

1 Like

Good to hear it works now. For to change the mode you have to press the power button on the remote, but only for a short time when the remote is already on.

Do you have a constant blue light on the receiver or is it a undefined blue flashing?

Yeah I’ve tried that but doesn’t do anything

blue flashing

1 Like

Strange, even without receiver the remote’s LED will change from red to green when I press the button for a short time. The battery is full?

You can’t change the mode once you have moved the trigger. You need to power off then on again to change the mode. The trigger locks the mode.

2 Likes

@yaca @Norco Don’t worry it just seems to take awhile how long the button should be pushed for

Thanks everyone for helping out! I have been able to take out my board for the first time in over 2 weeks after waiting for a new remote and troubleshooting it :slight_smile: This is why the DIY esk8 community is so good

Could someone just give me a little advice here please?

Which pins do i connect the ESC to on the receiver? Do i need a separate power source for it if my ESC has BEC?

1 Like

I don’t know about the BEC but the 3 pins closest to the antenna connect to the ESC.

Yes, thank you. I tried that and it came on (blue led). Still can’t pair it though :frowning: