Benchwheel remote & receiver

Mine was dead. Took a long time to charge first time but was OK after that.

2 Likes

New report. It’s alive! Charged and seems to work. Won’t know for sure until I can power up the receiver and VESC and test it. Will probably take apart at some point and investigate the rattling. Happy so far.

1 Like

Good work.

On my side, I was told that the receiver could not be paired with the remote I had once it had left their factory, so getting a separate receiver is not an option. Makes you wonder why they sell them separately in the first place!!!

I have to send my remote back and order both together! :frowning:

I won’t do that now though because my board accident (where I popped my knee sideways) has put me out of action for the next 6-8 weeks! :frowning:

Ouch - That sounds nasty and at Christmas time too! Hope you have a quick recovery.

That is a strange one. I assume that this means that the one I have will be already paired. Hopefully so as the instructions are terrible otherwise.

The receiver looks pretty simple so hopefully plug and play once the VESC arrives.

It was pretty nasty, found myself breathing through the pain on the pavement/sidewalk like Peter Griffin! Lol. Managed to haul my ass up on my board to sit on it to ride it home. Lucky I was just round the corner… There was, and is, a lot of pain… sprained a ligament.

Yeah your remote and receiver will definitely be pre-paired, no worries about that… happy boarding!

2 Likes

So why do they describe the pairing in the manual? When I received mine I did the pairing, maybe it wasn’t necessary.

Well that’s annoying! :unamused:

I ordered one of these things from aliexpress and it came without a receiver after about a month… I ordered a couple from MEB, got them a couple days later, one quit working after I switched into slow mode and they replaced it quickly. Besides the one that quit working after switching to slow mode, I haven’t had any drop outs. When you first get one of these remotes play with it and make sure the throttle is not sticking. The other day after getting my new remote I turned my board on and started rolling downhill on it, then I hit the power button on the remote and busted my ass because the throttle was stuck on full. I opened up the remote, shaved off a tiny bit of plastic and it wont happen again…

i got one as well then our customs asked me for a CE certificate like if i am importing a military radar, fucking assholes , thanks god i got a wii nunchuck or i would of been stuck with a board and no remote lol

1 Like

That cat down in Miami sells these, I got one from him.

he’s cool

MEB = miamielectricboards.com. Those guys stood behind their remote and fixed the problem ASAP. Why roll the dice and order from China with a month wait, when you can support an (hopefully) American, get what you ordered in a couple days, and have a warranty? Best remote, best vendor for it imo…

1 Like

I bought stuff from miami, he was great to deal with and a huge help.

Can anyone post the manual?

I cannot get the reciever to work. The remote seems fine charges lights up, ect. But I can’t get the reciever to light up or pair or do anything. Tried both channels still nothing

1 Like

The manual that @yaca posted does not show this, but I messed around with the two buttons on the receiver (pressed them both at the same time) and was able to bring a receiver back to life.

1 Like

your receiver has two buttons? Mine has only one.

Mine only has one if it makes you feel any better. Not tried it yet though so can’t say if it is working or not.

Dammit! It is only one botton. I was thinking of something else. I held the one button down while trying to bind when nothing else worked.

Yep I did the same thing, and they insist it’s my fault…

How is it that multiple people make the same mistake but they do not question their process ?

Just want to know if the LED of your receivers also has a undefined blue flashing or is it a constant blue light? Thanks!