"Bankrupt" (BUILDING!)/SINGLE BELT DRIVE/10S6P 18AH 30Q/VESC/ROYCE PRO/$1850

It’s a pcb with mosfets on it. A rocker switch comes with them.

I’m out right now, but will have a bunch in a week or so.

2 Likes

Does a charge only BMS protect the battery from getting too low on power?

Your vesc’s do that.

1 Like

@psychotiller The VESC monitors the whole pack and the BMS monitors each cell. So if one cell gets to low the whole battery pack is destroyed?

The bms monitors cell groups. Not individual cells, Same as the vesc.

The low voltage cutoff in your vesc monitors voltage sag, If any cell forces your pack voltage below the cutoff the vesc shuts down.

Hate to say it, but I’ve seen and read about more battery failures using charge/discharge bms’s than packs running with no bms.

I’ve also been doing alot of battery repairs lately for people with dead cells. all of those packs had charge/discharge bms’s.

Don’t lay too much trust in a bms. You need to watch your percentage display, periodically check your cell balance levels, and make sure you turn your board off when you’re not riding it.

5 Likes

@psychotiller Okay. Thanks for the help. I think im going to buy a charge only BMS instead (this bms) to save some money and space. But how am i going to connect the battery to the VESC? Number 1 or number 2?

Your main Positive and Negative wires (10 or 12awg) go straight to an xt90. which you will plug into your vescs.

The bms is wired to the battery. It’s only connection other than to the battery, is to the charge port.

3 Likes

If you want to save a couple bucks on mounting hardware go to your local hardware store and get 10-32 nuts and bolts. This is for mounting the truck.

1 Like

UPDATE #7

I orded the bms and remote today. I payed $54.06 in total incl. shipping. Much less than I expected :slight_smile: I plan on ordering the trucks, wheeels, pulley, motor and vesc when I get my current board sold.

TOTAL SPENT: $250.74

Still waiting for the deck and spot welder parts to arrive. I will post some pictures when they arrive :slight_smile:

Think you need 255mm belt

1 Like

hmmm… I might buy 1 of each to make sure 1 of them will work. Thanks didn’t think of that before :slight_smile:

New sketch of the enclosure with everything in it.

No problem

Want to pm me? I have a spare one I could sell;)

1 Like

I’ll think about it :slight_smile: Thanks

PREACH! :metal:

2 Likes

UPDATE #8

I received the deck today and its awesome. PLUS it came with mounting hardware and risers FOR FREE!

I also orded some 90mm 78a wheels, motor mount and screws to mount the motor from @JLabs. I payed $103.32 in total incl. shipping. Shipping was $33.39 but still cheaper than other places :slight_smile:

TOTAL SPENT: $354.06

7 Likes

Thanks for the support man! I will get them out tomorrow for you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

UPDATE #9

Changing the enclosure to this one from @fottaz to save some money on shipping.

TOTAL: $82.93 MONEY SAVED: $23.07 :+1:

2 Likes

Looking good! I have ordered the same deck. What is the length of the mountable area between the wheel wells?

1 Like

I will be able to tell you the exact lenght on monday but its about 10 cm :slight_smile: