"Bankrupt" (BUILDING!)/SINGLE BELT DRIVE/10S6P 18AH 30Q/VESC/ROYCE PRO/$1850

UPDATE #38

I have ordered some parts :slight_smile: Here they are: (all the prices are including shipping)

Aliexpress:

Ebay:

Amazon:

NEW TOTAL: 1,787.42 (only 300 above expected pfffff)

Enough of parts and money. Let’s take a look at what i’ve done to the board!

I think im going to lay the parts in the enclosure like this:

QUESTION TIME: Can i put 2mm foam on all the sides of the enclosure without any of my parts are going to overheat?

Back to the board: Today I added some more foam on the board to make the enclosure lay flat. Turned out pretty good!

4 Likes

from the "Noob question thread"

Hi everyone :slight_smile: Im going to make a 10S6P samsung 30Q battery but I don’t know how to weld the pack together. I have two options. Which one is the best? Maybe why? Any other suggestions?

OPTION 1:

I use 10mm X 0.15mm nickel strip. If there are two lines, that means im putting 2 nickel strips instead of 1. (not my picture from the side view) battery1

OPTION 2

I use 10mm X 0.15mm nickel strip. All the read lines are 2 nickel strips on top of each other. board

2 Likes

UPDATE #39

Currently waiting for a lot of china parts to arrive. At the time they arrive, will I order the batteries and the build will be done soon after. One important thing I have learned and I think everyone should know is: Always order parts from China before ordering anything else.

Aliexpress:

Ebay:

NEW TOTAL: $1814.64

I used that dual lock, the genuine one and wasn’t impressed. The dial lock is so strong that it rips the whole strip from the surface, the “glue” on it is weaker than the dual lock ahaha but maybe in your case, it will work better

1 Like

UPDATE #40 10-07-2018:

Ordered some more stuff from China. Of course I got some fish paper from ebay that cost me $19 and today I just found some fish paper from AliExpress for $2.5…

AliExpress:

NEW TOTAL: $1,822.27

Im also going to order some fish paper from Nkon when ordering the batteries. Then i’ll do a quality test (me touching the fish paper and see what feels best. ALSO SETS IT ON FIRE :open_mouth: )

I received the 7 pin cables so if anyone wants 1 or 2 of them, hit me up. Shipping from Denmark costs around $5… And the foam: I found it on the streets while crusing around on my bike. One mans trash is another mans treasure :white_check_mark:

IMG_2958

IMG_2959

I also found this cool diagram of the VESC 4.8.

• Canbus: connect another VESC.
  • P1: HALL SENSOR: Connect the motor sensor wire.
  • P2: SWD: No idea
  • P3: UART: Connect bluetooth module.
  • 3 wires in left corner: Connect the receiver for the remote. vesc-diagram_1530326294055

11-07-2018:

I received an apdapter for my car battery to make the clamps fit :slight_smile: Put everything back together and BAM everything works! Well that’s not really what happend… I tried welding 2 peices of metal together but instead of welding them together it made a lot of sparks. Don’t know whats the issue? Does anybody know? @darkkevind @moon On the bright side: Now it dosen’t feel like a prototype and everything dosen’t fall into pieces when im touching it.

IMG_3058

IMG_3059

IMG_3060

IMG_3066

IMG_3062

IMG_3061

IMG_3064

IMG_3065

IMG_3063

3 Likes

The diagram is for the VESC 4.12. I made a typo and didn’t see it until days later, by the then it was too late to edit.

1 Like

My thoughts about the spot welder

The 2 metals pieces I tried welding together is around 0.5mm thick and is bend everywhere. Could the problem be that the spot welder dosen’t have enough power to weld them together. And the sparks come because the metal isn’t touching properly? I don’t have any razor blades to test it with but is there something else I can test it with instead?

IMG_3068

IMG_3069

IMG_3070

IMG_3071

1 Like

I think this problem occurs because of the tips. Just try different configurations? I am not sure.

Is the nickel pure?

I accidentally bought my terminal blocks from a Chinese ebay seller so I can’t test alongside with you and give you my thoughts

Also 0.5mm is quite a lot

@legend27 any chance you got any spare junction boxes? My button came today so I wired that up, at least the relay works :slight_smile:

@moon Is that a junction box?

IMG_3075

And if you need some new battery clamps I got 2 in spare.

IMG_3076

It’s just a piece of metal

2 Likes

Yeah thats a junction connector, I dont know why I said box.

How many do you need? Shipping is $5

I will need one, It might not take that long to ship from China so I might wait it out. Il go local hardware shop see if theres anything too

Did you try the spot welder again?

Okay :slight_smile: tell me if you want one

1 Like

I’m currently making a pen for my welder. I like the idea that I can do it one handed this way.

IMG_3079

IMG_3080

Just don’t know how practical it is. What do you think is most practical?

IMG_3077

IMG_3078

(Found the design in another thread about a spot welder. Think it’s in the boss welder thread)

2 Likes

The design looks great

I am also trying to make it one handed. Thats why I added an arm to my spot welder.

I dont know where to place my button though

I placed it on the wood plate I made. If it’s on the top then it’s hard to press fast.

Have you got it working?

Not yet. Im going to continue tomorrow. Have you made any progress on yours since last time?

“sweet” welder :smiley: I love this kind of builds where ppl build things to build other things to put in things they’re building! keep up the good job!

3 Likes

Unfortunately not, I wish I did, but I am working on my gear drive and my own esc 6. But I can’t complain, I like learning and designing new things, so in the meantime wont bother me.

I hope the welder works for you, and me :slight_smile:

All I am really waiting for is those junction connectors :slight_smile:

1 Like