Bajaboard OVERHAUL | Dual 12S -5P Sanyo 20700b | 2 x 60Amp bms | NEW CHASSIS

Just in case anyone is in the market, I think these are Bajaboard parts for sale.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=96602#p1435178

haha…once you come to Boston you can try it but I doubt by now you got your own anyway

i had those ESC and just through them away… what for is ESC that can do only 10s, can’t be really configured the motors are worth it in case shit breaks though

Hi everyone,

I am new on this site… I have a GX4 2018.08 Bajaboard. I got it 2nd hand with 17miles on it. Unfortunately about 2 weeks ago I decided to tinker with it and take a look under the “hood” so to speak. I had just finished cleaning out the battery compartment and was putting the 900Wh 30Q battery pack back when it happened… I did not pay to much attention to this little white & frayed wire coming out from the pack… I should have known better (I am an Aerospace Engineer so I am a perfectionist with OCD). so as I was putting the batter back into the bay, the little white wire touched the “contactor”.

so now I am not 100% sure if my battery pack is still any good or where the this little white wire is to be attached to, but it seems like it is a loop that was not suppose to be out side the battery pack… Nor do I know if the mother board is working properly since it seems to keep vibrating on me when I power it on.

So at this point I am giving up and looking to upgrade the mother board to the 2019 MB w/ Tank mode. buying the 1.1KWh battery pack, I am also looking to get the 110A controllers, the 16T pulley. I am not sure if I want to go with their motors just yet. does anyone here have any suggestions on motor upgrades? I want to stay with 6374, but I am not sure which motor would be an upgrade to what Baja is offering since they have not revealed the specs to their motor. I have asked, but they are staying silent…

my playground is sunny silicon valley CA where the weather is always nice. and I am looking for more top speed. I use my board to commute to work and everywhere in Santa Clara county.

YES I am used to speeds in the high 30mps to low 40mph. I first started speeding with a VISA Dirtsurfer about 15years ago when only gas was available.

All suggestions on upgrading the motors would be welcomed.

Thanks

Baja has proprietary motors because of the mounts they are using… the relay and mobo needs to have both wires from battery connected otherwise it would short the mobo… happened to me and hence I went with different ESC what so ever … Since Baja models change back and forth with different gearing etc etc… it’s hard to say which would be ideal for you… if you put more powerful motors and meaning more AMPS you will lose range also the battery output has to support it. My rebuild is different… is it ideal… definitely not… it’s more for speed than off road The issue with Baja setup is that they have grounding running through the entire board… so anything you touch is conductive there… … if you see the Mobo light up and your remote connects… and hear click on the relay you should be ok… just that entire concept is stupid…

Thank you Nanorider,

I have been in contact with Baja. They might give me access to the schematic to their Motherboard as long as I am willing to take the risk of damaging it. (I am more than happy to sign a non-disclosure agreement with them for this access)

In fact Baja has been really good about getting back to me on repairs and upgrading my current GX4 into a full blown Pantera… Although the Panterea has been optimized, they did limit it and it can be unlocked even further.

I should be getting my upgrade parts around May 20th… looking forward to my build.

I will post.

1 Like

well I’m not sure what pantera is running in terms of ESC but if they use 12s 190kv motors 1:4 gearing… at 4wd you are looking easily at 50+ mph at those 10" tires… the question is if the mechanical parts will support it… Alessandro is really cool about it… I think he designed that ECU as it has his signature on it… thought the Kelly ESC are known to support more amps but limit to 10s only There is also a rumor of completely new Baja coming out soon

1 Like

I spotted a ‘g5 entry level’ on a pre-order form somewhere on the site

I also have to thank you for your long post, you saved me serious cost and pain on my planned g3x mod…

no longer ‘ignore the cost’ 80xx motor, 13s quad focbox’ now ‘sort cut outs on stock’

yeah 13s won’t do much good on FB because of the limit 57V and with 4wd there is a lot of current coming back in especially if fully charged… I love the board for its madness but I do prefer my Kaly’s because you know shit won’t break… best Archee