[Available Stock] AVIO AT Gear Drive Kit for Kahua and Bergmeister Wheels

The rough targeted schedule:

• 15th Jan - 1st Mar: Testing
  • 1st Feb - 1st Mar: Preorders (should everything go well)
  • 1st Mar - 1st Apr: Manufacturing
  • 1st Apr: Shipping

I will also be releasing the prices soon!

Schedule is not set in stone and may move faster depending on the competency of our suppliers (:

6 Likes

Timo is working on selling a motor that works for this drive too! Fret not, we will work out all the pricing options in due time!

We are also working on precision CNCed trucks :D. Hehe. Exciting stuff!

1 Like

Will you consider making the riser extension things an option?

Oh? Do people actually want those?

Thought they were only useful to me because i chose that particular deck.

1 Like

I would want one for the spud, one that acts as a cable riser too would be godly

3 Likes

How much of an extension do you want it to be though? I pushed mine out by 4cm.

I could definitely look into having some made, I have to admit, the current one is rather crude.

1 Like

Seems like there’s a good chance of bite with a lot of cutaway decks with pneumies? Your soluhion is so nice and simple. Hard to tell what the magic number is.

My solution will leave 4 nuts on the top :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, i drilled through the deck to add more screws. Could possibly make some with slots for adjusting different extension lengths.

If there’s enough interest, i’ll get to designing a proper one.

IMG_20190116_211635

4 Likes

The 2nd Test Set for the Avio AT Gear Drive.

IMG-20190116-WA0078 IMG-20190116-WA0077 IMG-20190116-WA0079 IMG-20190116-WA0076 IMG-20190116-WA0074 IMG-20190116-WA0075

10 Likes

IS THAT A BABY LACROIX?

10 char

5 Likes

Hmm what deck is that? Is that angled riser 3d printed?

I only need just a bit , for me it’s less so for the wheels and more so to create more space between the motor wires and enclosure. If it becomes a cable riser as well, the added space leaves room for the wires to diverse into the enclosure.

You can refer to my build here… (this is not mine pictured here BTW)

2 Likes

I’ll look into it :slight_smile:

If you have any suggestions, do shoot me a PM

2 Likes

Any thanks for my coming up with this solution when u were gonna chop the deck instead? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Was between chopping it or just getting a sector9 bintang lol.

Totally worth the effort though, so thanks :P.

Dammit, this thread is de-railing. Back on topic!

what deck is that?

The deck in this thread. It’s a landyatchz switchblade 40" clone (:

1 Like

Testing Update #1:

Thought i’ll do an update every 100km (Will add pictures and videos in subsequent updates.)

How I’m testing the drive: simply putting the drive through various riding conditions on my current Challenger Setup.

• Hill Climb (31%) - Works as expected. (No slip, DUH!).
  • Speed (55kmh) - Works as expected.
  • Light AT riding (On Grass) - Works as expected.
  • Hard Braking (Downhill) - Works as expected.
  • Noise Test - Slightly noisier with a higher pitch than belts, as expected from a gear drive. Am waiting on my cover with a new design to attempt to dampen the noise. It’s worth noting that it’s already significantly quieter than the Kaly.Nyc 1:4 Spur Gear Drive.
  • Efficiency (Range on 12s4p w/80kg rider) - Have not ran the battery flat, estimated 50km at 30 - 40kmh speed on decent terrain)
  • Wear & Tear: None at 100km.

Nothing much else as it’s only been 100km!

Other updates:

• I should be releasing the price of the drive come the end of the month, along with launching a shopify site where pre-orders can be made. edit: Shopify is too much of a pain. I’d be conducting the sale of this drive like how i did for my Urethane drive - Google Forms & PayPal.
  • Minor design changes to make the installation process slightly easier.
  • I have designed a front-facing bashguard and will release the .STL file for it.
  • All aluminium components in the drive will be made from T6 Heat Treated 7075 Aluminium, with a Hard Black Anodized finish.
  • All plastic compnents (Gear and Adapter) will be made from White/Black POM.
  • Every component of the drive will be CNCed. (The hangers and baseplates from Timo may be CNCed as well! Precision everything! Haha.)
  • I’m currently thinking of making shorter axles for the gear drive, 10mm shorter on each side, for a more seamless look. (What’d you think?) How it is now is that there is a 20mm ish gap between the gearbox and the wheel. 10mm of that gap is used for a V.Ring, leaving another 10mm exposed. Let me know your thoughts on this! (:
11 Likes

Personally I’d like to see the stock haggy axles stay. I have the drive setup from him and I’d be able to swap over to that setup for thane wheels if I wanted. Plus I like wide:) I’m sure others may feel differently though. Thanks for the update!

1 Like