[AUS] Australia, Custom built 18650 Battery packs including Evolve battery upgrade

im looking between 3-4k for the build. i thought it would be enough,

Just a thought. If top/high speeds are your priority, then maybe Trampa is not your best option? The Trampa decks seem to be more popular for those who want a smooth, carvy, experience, or for those (like me) who want a board for all terrain. If you want to build a board with top speeds in mind, then there are probably some better suited options.

what do you think could be the top speed for a Trampa 12s build?

Lanyahtz Evo 40 might do what you want. Lower profile etc. :ok_hand::+1:

http://calc.esk8.today/ Put your specs into here, and see what comes out. Play around with various configs to find something that may work for you, spend more time on the forum just reading everything

1 Like

That’s a really hard question to answer. I’ve seen some builds with the Trampa gear that are getting some good top speed, but from what I understand, you have things like the flex in the deck and trying out different Dampa’s to get the best results. Eliminate the flex in the deck and also the spring trucks and you have removed two main factors. Also, as also mentioned, the ecalc app can give you some good baseline data. I’ve used it as a guideline but as with all things, nothing can beat real practical data.

Bottom line, if you are looking at a 3-4k budget, then make sure the gear you want is the right stuff for you. The deck and trucks can make a big difference. Use the search function and find the guys on here that are looking for speed and talk to them. People such as @Kug3lis and @Cobber spring to mind, but there are others on here as well.

3 Likes

thanks for the advice.

i was talking with a couple of guys on one of the facebook groups and it came down to a more practical approach which i was happy to do which would consist of these

5:1 ratio with Turnigy SK8 6374-192KV Sensored Brushless Motor (14P) 12s5p

this should get aprox 50kmh speed and 35km distance which im more than happy with, what i was looking for before was more of an unrealistic reach which i now understand but having these specs would be comfortable also.

Definatly not expecting to reach my expectations, though it would have been great if it were possible. but the next best thing is also fantastic as i posted above, 50kmh 35km distance 12s5p 5:1 ratio with 175mm Tyres

these specs seem pretty good to me. not that i would be able to ride for 35km but not having to worry about running out of juice is fairly important.

Sounds like you got a plan man.:ok_hand:

1 Like

just got to find a few more parts and i should be good to get these boards up and running after i get back from my holiday =)

1 Like

Hey Marsen

What’s the lead-time on a 30Q 10S4P with 10way balance connector? My BMS doesn’t use a negative balance lead. Same layout suited for Evolve GTX enclosure. Postage to Sydney.

Let me know. :slight_smile:

Hi Daniel, If I had the 10 way connector then 1 week till postage. There are lots of different type jst connectors do you know which type it is? 1.5mm pitch, 2mm pitch. XH, PH. The possibilities are many.

That, good sir, is a fantastic question. And I don’t know the answer to that. I believe it’s at least JST XH, and my guess for pitch would be 2.54 if that’s a thing.

Here is the link to the item I purchased if that gives you a better idea. If not, don’t fret. 10 balance cables taped off and labelled accordingly would also be sufficient. I can then terminate on my end. If that’s not up to your standards and how you operate, however, I absolutely understand.

Don’t have one of those. I’m happy to leave them labelled and taped.

Done. What’s your Paypal and whats the final amount? I’ll PM you my address, etc.

Hi Marsen, I’m lookimg to get a 10s5p LG HG2 pack for my CGT. Where do we go from here? I am based in Brisbane.

Hello @asuras, I keep a large stock of 30Q’s but have just ran out of HG2’s as I had a wholesale buy and they took the lot. I have requested an invoice for a new order on Friday so hope to hear back today so I can order them in. It will be a couple of weeks for them to turn up. If your still keen then I’ll book you in for a 10S5P build for that week. I’ll message you when they are here and then again on build completion. I am giving a 3 week lead time at the moment due to the present work load which should work out just right anyway. 10S5P in HG2’s is $540, prices have increased recently because the exchange rate has been slowly deteriorating. @TinnieSinker lives in Brisbane you could see if he is still working on batteries and get a price from him as he is local. More than happy to make one for you tho so let me know.

Hi @Marsen, I am interested in having a 10S4P 30Q pack made, the details are:

• it’s for a scooter that has a plastic tub underside, so will have to send dimensions
  • from my measurements, 10 deep x 4 wide, with the batteries vertical (brick shape) will fit
  • this is my very first esk8 build (bear with me), single 6374 motor, already have a Focbox
  • ideally if I can get it made with a BMS, then I can source the appropriate charger
  • I am based in Melbourne

Let me know if that sounds possible. Cheers!

@MrFidgety Most things are possible, it’s just a case of what fits in the enclosure you have. Let me know what configuration and layout you want and I can build it. I buy Bestech BMS’s and also a smart bms with bluetooth connectivity. You can give me a call and we can talk about what you want. I’ve PM’d my phone number.

Hi @asuras, I have some HG2’s on the way if you are still interested in a battery with HG2’s. They will be about another 2 weeks till they arrive.