Ares | 31'' BKB Tayto / Dual 6374 190kv / TB 218MM / ABEC 107MM / 12s4p Samsung 30q with Bestech BMS

No problem, glad it works for you. I put my motors on wrong the first time too lol

Any updates on this build?

Yes there are some updates!

1. I’ve worked a bit on my drivetrain. Dickyho sent me some replacements clamps for my mounts because I accidentally broke one of them while trying to get it to fit the TB218mm trucks with a plyer lol. The replacement works but one of them ended up being slightly smaller (could be the due to shipping) than the other so I had to extend that a little with a plyer (I was more careful this time haha). Then, I spray painted the hangers and baseplate to give it some “personality”

IMG_20181221_150042

1. Dem batteries arrived!!! (customs tho $$$$ :money_with_wings:)

IMG_20181222_003615

1. My BKB order (which has the tayto, bms and other stuff) was shipped before Christmas but it only arrived in KL yesterday morning; it was probably delayed due to the holidays, but anyways should expect it by end of this week!! :tada:
4 Likes

Has there been any further “real world” testing of the malleability of Dickyho’s mount? There was some issues with one of his recent batches and haven’t heard if that has been resolved. I’m concerned that the weight and torque of your TB 6380 motors are going to destroy those motor mounts.’

Have you built a battery before? I’m considering making that journey myself soon but am a bit intimidated… :slight_smile:

I got a spot welder coming. :wink:

3 Likes

I am comcerned about the amount of space you have between the motors.

I had a rig that was close like that and the motors would kiss eachother often and would make the most annoying fucking noise.

Maybe you won’t run into this, but I did and hated it.

Those black hubs on the 107s look so dope. I like it much better than the orange

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve heard about those and am a bit worried as well, unfortunately I’ve yet to test mine out yet so only time can tell! I’m hoping it will be fine of course :joy:

No, I have not build a battery before though I do plan on doing that in the future; but at the moment I couldn’t really justify getting a spot welder, and this being my first DIY board, I didn’t want to risk it all with the batteries hahah :fire:There is also the N.E.S.E modules (and I think I saw someone on here creating an alternative) which seems a lot less intimidating than using a spot welder

Ah yeap initially I had them really close but after some adjusting I got them to be like this: IMG_20181209_045818 They seem to have enough space in between, what do you think ?

Black hubs all the way :ok_hand:t4:

4 Likes

The belt seems to be out of line. Have you corrected this to avoid damaging components?

Looks as tho the motor gear needs to move much closer to the motor mount

Ya it was scratching the belts. At the moment, I just removed the metal piece that connects the 2 idler bearings: jpeg_1546423087356 and it seems to work fine without it; not sure if there is a better way though :no_mouth:

They’ll still kiss but no tongues now

5 Likes

Never used a idla pulley don’t see the advantage.

Run the wheel repeatedly one way see it the belt walks acros the wheel or motor a gear to one side and/or rubs then do it in reverse. See if dose it again. If it doesn’t stay in the middle it will cause extra wear.

1 Like

That looks way better! Nice!

1 Like

So after refreshing the tracking page for my BKB order every 20 minutes for the past 14 or so days, I finally got this: customs

2 Likes

Damn man. I am sorry to hear this. I bet you want to pull ypur hair out. Hate this for you.

I had a similar problem when using wide belts. I ended up buying longer bolts and another set of skate bearings (same size as original) and putting another bearing in there to make it 3 wide. Others have used non-flanged bearings. The bearings are the same size as skate bearings so you might have some extras lying around to try out.

@Sender ya man, was super bumped but anyways I just paid dem taxes :money_with_wings: and got my deck/enclosure so it’s all good now! @Darkie02 @Jellybean After looking at the diagrams for dickyho’s mounts on his product page again, I realised I have been mounting the motors wrongly all these while hhahahaha. I was mounting it in the angle designated for 50xx motors, and the screws were preventing my motor pulley from going all the way in :joy:

IMG_20190105_170343

Here is a test fit of everything together IMG_20190104_174125 IMG_20190104_173926%20(1)

All that’s left is to get my battery pack built, and connecting everything together. Hoping to get all that done in the next couple of weeks!

11 Likes

Thats a lot of power on that rig. Looks a beaut!

1 Like

hi im planning on doing a similar spec build and i was wondering what the total weight of the board would end up being?