Ares | 31'' BKB Tayto / Dual 6374 190kv / TB 218MM / ABEC 107MM / 12s4p Samsung 30q with Bestech BMS

there is a tread about them somewhere. they ARE heavy, unbalanced and super ugly core. maybe new batch will be better

Not to mention there was a bearing fitting problem as well. I’d hang on if you’re set on them and wait for all the dirty stock to clear before ordering a set

1 Like

00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20181116155717739 So more parts arrived a few days ago and started to build the drivetrain

1 Like

IMG_20181117_185440 Had to shave a bit of the trucks in order to get dickho’s wheel pulley to fit in. I had problems with fitting his motor mounts on these tb 218 too, but I shaved a bit on the clamps to get the mounts to work xD

1 Like

IMG_20181118_001057 The nut on the truck holding the wheels looks a bit weird to me, its right at the edge of the axle and can’t be tighten anymore. The wheels are nicely in place, but I am not too sure. Is this wrong ? If so, then I might need to change how my motors are currently placed:

IMG_20181118_001013

I would prefer if they could look like that but those motors are really huge (my fault, should have anticipated that lol). I needed to, then I will have to go diagonal :confused:

4 Likes

Why you don’t put a bearing inside the pulley?

Wouldn’t that push the wheels further out than it already is ?

With your huge motors, yes it would XD

1 Like

Regarding the nut, flip it and it will be secured.

What do you mean by “flip it” ? :smile:

Nylon part inward

Alright will try that tomorrow. If that’s not possible, then I will have to change the arrangement of my motors+motor mounts, yes ? :confused:

Or thinner wheel pulleys

1 Like

IMG_20181118_012201 My wheels on the front trucks have way too much space to work with, and I need them to be all the way at the end of the axles like the wheels at the back. Sorry if this is a super noob question (electric aside, this is my first longboard build as well hahha), but since earlier you mentioned about adding bearings, so should I add bearings onto the axle, and then the wheels ? :smile:

1 Like

You would only add bearings into the pulley. To push the front wheel outward, use a combination of spacers and speed rings

2 Likes

woops idk how to link things

e https://www.tactics.com/bones-bearings/bearing-spacers-set-of-4/black

1 Like

Are your wheels limited by the motors touching? Because your motor mounts are backwards. The flat side should be towards the pulleys and stepped side has the motor. This way the motor sits “inside” the mounts.

Here’s a picture of my dickyho mounts for reference. IMG_0952

1 Like

@Grozniy @Sn4Pz Thanks guys!! Apparently I just found some spacers in the package torqueboards sent, I was too excited for the motors and trucks that I must have overlooked those tiny fellas hahah

2 Likes

Duddeee thanks a bunch man! You are right, I can’t believe I overlooked that lmaoo. Seriously, I was so bumped thinking it was the motors hahahha. After flipping the motor mounts around, the wheels/pulley are able to pass through the threads.

IMG_20181118_225952

2 Likes

IMG_20181118_225841 Basically the drivetrain is almost done, I think.
I still need to file the left side of the hanger a bit more, since there is still a bit too much resistance on the left wheel/pulley. Also need to add some loctite to the screws, and align everything a little bit. :laughing:

Edit: Only after posting this update, I realized I’ve been reverse-mounting my motors lol, so yea I just rotated the mounts to the front :sweat_smile:

4 Likes