Another integrated deck project

Thank you @Riako!!! Your look fantastic and quite complicated to make. I don’t think I have your skils :wink: Thank you for all advices! :wink:

1 Like

hope my advice helped you bro, then like now I would have pointed towards the best and most popular decks available as evidence, really I just did your research for you: I hope you had the experience to use best professional practice to your advantage :wink:

14 Likes

Beautiful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

It’s beautiful Do you have pictures of the lid ?

Thank you :slight_smile: Not yet. I plan to have it done next week

1 Like

Do you plan to sell this ? If not would you allow me to copy the design to make my own ? I think of an integrated deck for so long ! Will you stick to 10S4P ? In your current iteration what is the size of each pocket if not the same ?

I really like it ! If i may suggest some design tought you could run motors wire by digging little cavity from truck baseplate to the pocket on the other side. I’m not sure it would compromise structural integrity

I am also very intrigued and eager to make my own integrated deck.

I wonder how much this costs to make, so I am able to learn how to use CAD and make a deck like this

I dont know any cad software but with design files and dimensions i can build it with not much problem i think

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/hyper-beast-36-inch-deck-with-integrated-enclosure-update/42562/152

This one has an enclosure of 520x155x33mm

Where I think there is a recess of 21mm sticking out of the deck

Yeah but it’s CF it’s very different materials that have different structural properties And i hate CF decks… i can still feel the awfull vibration of my olf raptor 1 LOL worst ride you can get is CF Wood is the solution @LukePL PLZZZ sell this or share :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I also hate carbon fibre with a passion, I had an idea to lasercut layers of the board instead of CNC.

This way I can put fiberglass layers in between the wood layers

I suggest, Luke sells and also shares files :wink:

I don’t think the design is complicated in anyway but its helpful to share :mage:t5:

1 Like

Thanks guys for interest. Here is my take on the whole thing. As for now there’s no integrated deck that is tested. I want to build something that looks good because for me that is the main advantage of it. There are amazing decks out there and very high quality enclosures so I believe that integrated deck is no better in function. @NAF deck gained a lot of interest but for me personally it looks like deck with enclosure. Top cover with button looks like a cool idea but it can be tricky to seal it from water. I also believe that once your build is done you should not have a need to look inside for a long time. That’s why I think I’ll just put grip tape on without any cuts and it will seal the whole thing. This is a first prototype and I can see already that I’ll do some changes to make it better and also to make it cheaper. If everything will go as planned you will be surprised with the price :wink: I’m not shearing any dimensions yet because it constantly changes but yes 10s4p with BMS and dual ESC. I have a plan for bigger model with different shape :slight_smile: So next week I hope I can finish this first prototype and start some testing. I have already a bit different design according to advice from @Cobber (thanks :wink: ) When I have the prototype I’ll add holes for wires and other things and maybe even an integrated lights. So give me a little time and I hope you won’t regret it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

If you are making this a reality please give me the honnor to be the first one ever to buy this deck from you :heart_eyes::relieved:

I am truely in love with this deck, this is actualy what I am dreaming about for years. Now I’ll wait very patiently. ( imagine this with hummies or Carvon the sleekest board ever )

I have just a suggestion, is it possible to add a layer on the downside ( road side ) of beautiful wood ? Like some black veneer or something tasty you know… like on arbor decks etc… even if it ads a little bit of cost peoples would be happy to have a premium feeling on the board

1 Like

@lukePl I really like that second version of your deck…but be carful with milling middle section…the deck might get too flexy.

It is not full CF – it’s all wooden core just like this deck but with carbon fiber and fiber glass layups. I hate full CF decks too. Had one. There is too much vibration out of pure CF comosite decks.

1 Like

Okay ! I tought it was actualy the same design that used the deck of the raptor 1 and that was awful with street wheels. If the core is wood it should be much more vibration free !

No not at all . The shape is based on Jet Spud / Potato but that lid idea on top is of course taken from R1. Anyway back to the topic…I really like what Luke has come up here with. Can’t wait to see more. Good job.

1 Like

Thank you guys! @ElskerShadow the first one is yours! :smiley::gift:
If you like what I did till now you should be more than happy when I finish it :wink: There are going to be 3 layers of maple and one finishing from different woods. I can choose something from this.

@NAF it’s a bit funny that from all the people here two of us that making similar project are from Poland :smiley: Can’t wait to see yours with wheels, it’s going to be awesome!

1 Like

Yaaaaay ! :snowboarder::snowboarder::medal_military::trophy: It’s gonna be a game of patience haha can’t wait to see what you come up with especially on the concave Either the middle one (3) or the far left (5) if you ask me :relieved: An error lot of shapers do is not use the same layer on the top as well, for the peoples who will use clear grip or honey comb etc So if you choose one « fancy » layer on the bottom be sure to apply it on the top, many thinks it’s not important because of griptape but for example look at this beauty :