All new 2019 VESC-Tool release

can you think of anything i could be doing wrong? i connect. it tells me fw is outdated. go to fw tab. i do. i hit upload. it does. it says wait 10 seconds to reboot. i do. and i reconnect. only updates the one the bluetooth is connected to.?

“Upload all”

1 Like

seriously? i thought that uploaded other things other than the firmware. cool. guessing it will work great next time. thanks!!!

1 Like

BLDC test :

/ - BLDC : Mm 65A Bm 65A :

/ - BLDC : Mm 75 Bm 75A :

I could take more amps with BLDC, but feeling is not good :

• less torque at very low and low speed (no way trying Mm and Bm bellow 65A);
  • better power control at high speed ;
  • awful motor noise (car ESC I test don’t have such a bad noise).

BEST OPTION FOR ME WAS :

- ACKMANIAC 3.102 firmware : FOC : Mm 65A Bm 65A :

It feels like more power than official firmware

Power management feels really better

The way I ride with this firmware makes battery last longer

2 Likes

“Upload all” is the button. You can always access the slave via can forward. If you know the ID, you can set it manually. Click on list all no scan and select ID 1, which is usually the slave ID setting in the old VESC Tool. If it doesn’t work, select ID 2. Then you activate can forward and see if you get access. Then go to FW tab and upload the new FW to the slave. No need to grab the tools…

I did upload all on the newest update. Worked perfect. Thanks!

Nice job with the new firmware, looks awesome - high praise for Benjamin! However, as always, I wonder if there will be any information regarding interfacing with these new features, mostly I am intrigued by any information regarding:

I would love to make a remote to be used by the community, compatible with the new NRF dongle. I would however much appreciate not having to look through all the new software to identify the functionality needed to reverse engineer a protocol.

I have been working on a new remote, using standard nrf24 modules, however, it should be quite easy to modify the PCB to house an nrf51 board instead. Hoping to hear from you @trampa

13 Likes

We bang on a solution to support nrf 51 and 52. Benjamin is coding frequency hopping FW to make things even more reliable. Some more patience and the future can begin.

The remote looks nice!

4 Likes

Thanks for your reply, however I do not quite understand the “support of nrf 51 and 52”, doesn’t the NRF dongle (sold on your website) ship with a nrf51? I am interesting in how I can initate a pairing with the dongle, and how I should communicate with it. Does the dongle work as a wireless UART bridge/link enabling me to send UART commands directly to the VESC over BLE? Thanks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sorry to deviate from the orginal topic but… @solidgeek are you thinking of using @trampa 's nrf dongle as universal NRF51 receiver? That would be sick and open new possibilities :open_mouth:

Kind of, I would like to use the nrf dongle as the receiver for my future remotes (at least being compatible with it), while simoustanly having the ability to use the app for telemetry/configuration etc. Would be awesome :wink:

1 Like

Do you think it would be possible to have like, “profiles” from VESC Tool App be mapped in your remote and be able to change them live? I think that would be a nice idea but at the same time, the remote would need to somehow be connect with your phone and sync app data. We have a few geniuses here, so they should figure this out somehow :thinking:

X 100000000000 this.

The Nrf 52 can communicate with the dongle, having the NRF 51. Yes, it’s a UART bridge @solidgeek. We also get RT Data to the remote.

Profiles could probably be switched via remote, but for the now it’s an App feature, since the profiles are stored on your phone.

1 Like

When are we going to se a picture, of the remote you are banging on :slight_smile: ??

1 Like

Okay thank you, so in order to allow for multiple connections (app and remote) the dongle must do some sort of multiplexing, while keeping track of the commands origin in order to return the correct response to the correct device? The source code for the nrf51 dongle found on github (https://github.com/vedderb/nrf51_vesc) was last updated 11 months ago, I suppose this is not the software loaded on the nrf dongle you ship? :slight_smile:

Would be awesome if you could point me in the direction where to find more information regarding the nrf dongle and how to interface with it.

3 Likes

Just I little up in the thread is a picture of the new remote :slight_smile:

Dont think theres a physical formfactor yet. Ben took a maytech remote and modded it according to previously described. Small oled with some telemetry etc. Maytech didint seem that intrested in a collab from what i heard tho :stuck_out_tongue:

Wait what… did Trampa post a picture ?? Cant find it…

Hahaha sorry I’m feel a bit dump :slight_smile: I thought you where talking about solidgeek remote

1 Like