After-Accident-Analysis of my first proper crash

I do live in australia, (dont judge us all by the stupid shit i say) for a lot of us drinking is just another hazard we encounter. And i do my best to not let this affect anyone else,

I think that was pretty obvious from drink-riding in thongs haha :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah but you’re adding to the problem, and that makes me sad :frowning: It’s really not hard to avoid it either. Taxis, uber, designated drivers… there’s so many ways to get around the problem.

1 Like

But this is off-topic. @SimosMCmuffin I LOVE that analysis. When I eventually crash I’ll do the same thing :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes i know what not to do. Hey i gave a few people something to talk about at least… Touchy subject. Dont drink and drive, you will lose your licence. Danger is just natures way of getting rid of dickheads. Haha

1 Like

i don’t feel any sympathy for you. you probably could’ve easily avoided your fall altogether if only you had used your brain…

drunk driving is not “silly”, it’s deadly.

3 Likes

HAHAHA. This is the truest thing any skater/rider can say.

2 Likes

I loved this, glad you’re ok. I am so tempted to invest in a full face like a pass but that price though. Right now I’m only rocking a pro-tec skate helmet, not much but better than nothing I guess.

That 3D printed part certainly saved your board from further damage. The physics behind a crumple zone has had me fascinated since I was 11.

I’m only using a skate helmet as well. If I go over backwards it’ll save me but if I faceplant I’m in trouble. I don’t know if I consider this to be an acceptable risk yet or not.

Hate to be a kill joy, But don’t you need to replace the helmet after a crash?

You should, yes. Good point.

Hopefully not in Sydney :slight_smile:

I would trust a 3D metal printed parts :smiley:

Screw the plastic!!!

depends on the severity of the crash. in general, higher quality helmets like the TSG Pass take a bit harder of an impact to crack than your average skate bucket

My opinion about drink and drive or drink and ride is not only taking your license, I would put you in jail for some days at least.

Everyone who is saying he / she can handle drinking and driving is an asshole. You people aren’t thinking on what if you get into an accident, that could have been missed by only a brake of a second, that of course you didn’t do because of slow brain. Now, look on a situation where someone dies (not the drunk f…) because of your idiot decision.

In your case, I even find it very outrageous that you start a treat about your ignorant behaviour.

2 Likes

drunk driving is an extremely touchy subject for me. my uncle is permanently paralyzed because he was rear ended on a motorcycle by a drunk driver.

2 Likes

Holy sh*t man Being biker, that scares me quite a lot :cold_sweat:

1 Like

Yeah, that’s why I say, I would put all drunk drivers for at least some days to jail.

The most ignorant thing you can do, is drunk driving.

1 Like

worst part is, the driver that destroyed his life got away with just a decent fine.

I son’t understand why States don’t get on harder against drunk drivers.

1 Like

we’ve got bigger issues