Acton Blink Board Modification

Yes you can :slight_smile:

I recently bought an Acton Blink S California Bear (1st Gen) and I have the same problem described here, although the charge meter indicates 80% low voltage and the skate is turned off and on several times and left to be supplied energy to the engine. I have no idea what battery should buy for this or if I should mount the BMS of the old battery in the new or how to do it. Can someone help me?

If you are saying “California Bear” then you have a BLINK not a BLINK S. Single motor belt drive, not hub right?

1 Like

I must have been wrong, in a reference on another page they called it “california bear”. It has a single motor hub.

Ahhh, that’s kinda the 2nd generation Blink board, basically they took the first generation single belt and swapped in a single hub.

I think @Tomer might be able to give you some pointers as he’s modified one before

1 Like

Post if you find a solution! My Blink S is dying and it’s the same battery… Battery will read %100 but torque/acceleration is affected.

@Inkowalski @Erod

Just saw this on Facebook.

How does it all end? Opened my board and now weighing out the options.

so that battery in the acton blink is 10s1p ???

doe that mean i can use this battery on a 36v hub motor and a maytech 50A esc?

the motor is 100Kv

You can but the battery output will be very weak. This will shorten the life of it. Unless you go very conservative on vesc config. The escs they use pull less current than vescs. More amps you pull, hotter the battery will be, shorter life cycle and probably more dangerous.