About to pull trigger, is the Raptor worth it?

Also, this is why these small outfits deserve to make profit (if you recall that thread). Profit = investment back into reliability/ QC/ pre-sales testing/ service. Raptor gen 4 or 5 will be a vastly superior beast, mark my words, because enertion will reinvest.

Heres my opinion to it: My initial thoughts when buying the raptor where: Ill spend my money so I get a complete Board and can then learn about what parts there are and so on. I didnt have any experiences and I am not too skilled at handworking around mechanics. I had to learn everything by videos and reading, trying out myself and this because the wheels where starting to crack on the sides. I wrote Jason and he instantly offered me another set of wheels for free. I got convinced to buy the Abec 11 flywheels (83mm 75a) from other experiences and then did so. I was concerned about whether Ill manage to get everything right without literally screwing things up lol. So I sat down and did everything step by step and I really think everyone can do this if I can. The wheels are already changed. This is so easy and it only takes a few steps to do (thinking about doing a video on it) but what really bugged me and what I was unprepared for is the belt tension and the motor positioning. It is actually quite simple to adjust and with a little bit of practice it should also be doable for every “noob”. I had no tools whatshowever. I am 20 and moved out over a year ago and since then I always borrowed any tool needed but now that I really wanted to drive I tried fixing it with a Leatherman, working in stupid angles, needing too much pressure and so on. So my recommendation for any future eskate and raptor owner, get the tools you need. I just bought em and it is 100000% easier to adjust things (10mm wrench especially for motor adjustment). If you are hyped while waiting, read up on the raptor first impression thread. There are surely interesting videos about to come!

So when is the right time to release a product? some of the issues might never be found until you have customer feedback.

Here are some reassuring facts.

1. The raptor is the fastest production board available in the world.
  2. The raptor is cheaper than boosted boards & has nearly 3 times the range.
  3. The raptor has the best warranty of any currently available electric skateboard in the entire world, 12 months replacement on any parts. (evolve & boosted boards is 6 months)
  4. The raptor is the only truly modular design with many spare parts available for much lower cost than any mainstream alternative, in fact, you can buy spare parts for the raptor from multiple alternative retailers! you don’t have to deal with enertion if it is not practical. Every single part is swappable. You could also get your own custom spare battery made by any number of custom battery makers. All at much lower prices than the mainstream brands.
  5. There are currently two US based (west & east coast) repair agents & One EU (Belgium) repair agent for raptors (more coming soon)
  6. The Raptor is made available for people to purchase world wide.
  7. There is a huge online community of people who are available 24/7 who can help with any questions relating to maintenance & repair, this is unparalleled by any other mainstream competitors because they all use proprietary hardware.
  8. The Raptor has an open source motor controller that is completely customizable by the user, to meet their exact needs.
  9. The CEO of the company is at hand to discuss most issues when they arise.

I am a 2-year-old business running out of my garage, Yes I have lots to learn & many more mistakes to make before I will claim to be perfect… However, I will not stop selling my creations, My products will continue to be improved & reiterated, I will continue to reinvest every cent of profit back into these products until I have the world’s best electric skateboard platform.

So people can choose to buy my products or they can choose another product… our boards will always be sent out tested and working to our best ability, however sometimes shit happens… and if it does we will not hide from you, we will offer resonable options and work with you to fix any issues…Once you are my customer you will never be left out of pocket for issues…

5 Likes

@onloop, who’s the belgian guy for repairs? I’d like to get in contact with him ! (Same country)

For EU repairs, contact can be made with Quentin from http://flyxcopter.com/

They will be doing some distribution of VESC & SPACE Cells, also repairs & parts replacements on raptors.

Soon all customers in the EU can get parts shipped from here, this should help us with problems relating to shipping & import duties.

1 Like

Most likely your slave vesc is shot. The jittering is caused by the traction control being enabled. To proove this you can do a quick test, give the board a push start and you will see you can get rolling. Actually, the slave MCU may be shot. You will need to disable the traction control in the BLDC tool.

But you will be running off a single motor. Get that slave vesc replaced

Id just like to keep putting my hand up as a beta tester for the next gen Enertion product once again. Raptor 2.0 Glad you chimmed in with such precise points. I was never in doubt about your commitment and motivation about esk8 or your product. You have come to the party when Ive needed it. Everytime you have stepped up and backed Raptor owners. As sandbound was saying he just felt he lost faith in the safety of the product so early. Sure you can fix it, but in the mind of the customer they need to build their own confidence back and sometimes they cant at all after an initial bad experience. All you can do is keep doing what your doing. Just copy your last post points anytine a Raptor owner has an issue. That will reassure them.

1 Like

Some of those reasons are why I bought the board in the first place. I emailed you asking for a refund 5 days ago and have not received 1 email back. Obviously you are checking message board but no time to reply to a increasingly aggravated customer?

Thanks Jason for the introduction :slight_smile:

I’m glad to be the repair agent / warehouse for EU guys …

any question do not hesitate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Warehouse? That sound great!

@onloop When do we can make orders from there?

Sorry for the delay, what email did you send to? [email protected]

if you are wondering what your options are you can read the terms & conditions:

http://www.enertionboards.com/shipping-returns/ http://www.enertionboards.com/pages/enertion-boards-terms-conditions.html

In summary, if you return the goods (at your own expense) to Australia in unused & original condition we will refund you, however we don’t offer refunds on used items so this will likely limit your options.

We are happy to help you find a buyer though and serve as an intermediary.

You got the raptor for a heavily discounted price, according to your order you only paid approx $1460 USD (current retail price is approx $1600usd)

Basically, we will process your refund once the new buyer has paid us the agreed amount & you have confirmed shipment to our us based repair agent. We will clean up the board & test it, then forward to the new owner.

Hey Quentin,

I wasn’t sure if you were on here yet.

Great to have you onboard. There are plenty of EU customers keen to get their hands on enertion products & having a local business they can turn to for supplies & support is a huge plus for the EU region.

Thanks for your help so far, I look forward to working with you closely to build a strong base in the EU.

regards JASON

So I used it one weekend and now I’m loosing money? Fantastic. You rushed it out to fill the orders and I have to pay for that? I don’t like posting on here for the public and think it should be handled privately but I want people to know what will happen if they get one weekend of use from a new board they waited 3 months for.

Hey Jason,

Looking forward to work with you on that, I’m looking forward to build the strong relation, has the product is rock solid, top quality!

lets try to catch up soon so we can start to ship and fullfill the EU order :slight_smile:

for anyone interest, shipment of batteries has already been done!

cheers, Quentin

you won’t lose any money… we will find a buyer and you can get a refund… technically I am the guy that loses the money.

ALSO, your board was not “rushed out” it has a manufacturing fault that is covered under the comprehensive 12 months warranty. However, you are not willing to have it repaired so we must look at alternative options.

Maybe I can get my money back this way with the least amount of headache.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/ele/5719379749.html?lang=en&cc=us

FYI if you’re ever in the bay area and interested, i wouldn’t mind trying my hand at repairing it.

Why can’t you just go through with repairing it? It shouldn’t be that big of an issue.

lol that price though…

Just the hassle of it and being brand new. Shouldn’t have too

1 Like

Fact of the matter is this could’ve happened to a Boosted Board, GT, or any board you could think of… I’ve seen Boosted’s that came in the mail with battery DOA and they had to send it back. I’ve seen GT’s come with all sorts of issues on arrival or after limited use, most fixable by user, very few needed to be sent in.

With the Raptor I’m not too surprised there are issues due to the bleeding edge tech that’s in it and the fact that Jason doesn’t have a warehouse full of QC people with experience that aren’t rushing to get boards out the door. Every esk8 company has had a board go out that’s flawed and had to be sent back for service. Unless you plan to drop esk8 altogether, just know theres always that risk.

I totally understand what you mean it sucks to have issues out of the box, but sometimes you’re just the unlucky egg. Your board could get repaired and work flawlessly, but you’d never know unless you gave it a shot. Just my .02

4 Likes